Technical drawings of unicycle?

Old April 7th 04, 08:13 AM
Klaas Bil

Default Technical drawings of unicycle?

I was approached by a student (who has never met me) in a Technical
School, who has an assignment to make a technical drawing of something
with rotating parts. With 'inventor' (software?) they'll have to make
a simulation as well. He has chosen to work on a unicycle (I don't
know why) but he couldn't find any examples of technical drawings on
the internet, just a lot of photo material.

I don't have any technical drawings myself, but I know that some of
you have CAD designs or other digital material. Anyone willing to give
pointers or make something available?

Thanks,

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Clearly a system of 1/14 and 1/16 is not decimal - Mikefule on the English weight system

Old April 7th 04, 06:09 PM
Rayden

I don't know if this would help, but he might be able to use any 3d
models someone has made.

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Old April 7th 04, 06:58 PM
pete66

brb

--
pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old April 7th 04, 07:24 PM
pete66

I just rendered out a few wireframes... I'm not sure if you want the
seperate pieces or whatever, just ask.

Pete

| Attachment filename: techuni.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/202042|

Old April 8th 04, 05:18 AM
Klaas Bil

Thanks Pete, I'll direct him to this thread. Nice detailed model, but I
don't think that spoke pattern is gonna work.

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old April 8th 04, 02:06 PM
vincelemay

Hey Pete,

Which software do you use?
I'm just curious 'cause I'm working on CAO/FAO all the time, and the
freeform on the saddle and handle seem pretty good.

Vincent

--
vincelemay - Quebec unicyclist
vincelemay's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5812

Old April 8th 04, 02:48 PM
SEMPER_UNI

nice.

Are there solid models of those components that youd be willing to
donate? or are the wireframes anything that could be imported into
another design tool...

I have access to solid works, ideas, and unigraphics and would like to
have the seat, handle and tire to add to my uni model.

If you'd be willing to send out a copy of any of that email me and i'll
tell you where to send it... (not to my regular email)

Thanks

--
SEMPER_UNI - Alethes Cycling, since 2004

Michael S. Pritchett
Alethes Cycling

SEMPER_UNI's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2354

Old April 8th 04, 03:43 PM
Max_Dingemans

They're probably is talking about 'Autodesk Inventor', which is
basically a CAD program, where everything is 3d, etc. All I can say is
that certain parts of unicycles are really a pain to make, such as the
curvature of the seat (if you're incuding the curve of the sides),
perhaps a BC wheel would be much easier, maybe with dropped down
platforms?

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old April 9th 04, 10:00 AM
pete66

Lightwave 7.5c (newtek.com) is what I used for the KH model, it's a
really good modelling/animation package with probably the best renderer
in the business but it's not got many options for exporting to other
programs without having to get hold of extra plugins.

I found a plugin that would be able to export my models to .dxf format
which I think is what a lot of CAD programs use?

I box modelled the seat with subpatches (made a cube, split it, dragged
the new points around a bit, split it again etc.), it's not perfect (I
managed to lose a bit of symmetry along the line somewhere). I know the
spokes aren't right either but I was running out of time.

Lemme know if .dfx files would be any use to you and then I'll download
the plugin & send u a copy of the model.

cheers
Pete

Old April 9th 04, 11:58 AM
pete66

more KH3d

| Attachment filename: kh3d.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/202423|

pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM