Night ride report

Old November 7th 04, 12:56 PM
Bill B

Default Night ride report

Last night I got to ride one of my favorite rides. What made this
night ride special was the addition of two other bent riders. The ride
evolved after my friend Bob from Corinth Miss called the night before.
After hearing about my night rides around Horseshoe lake for a couple
of years He decided to load up his Greenspeed GT3 and head to Memphis
TN. Ater talking to Bob that night I then called up my buddy Art to
see if he would like to join the ride since he had been wanting to do
the night ride for awhile to. We agreed to meet at my house at 5:00 pm
and then drive the 35 miles into Arkansas to Horseshoe Lake. As we
drove across the Mississippi Bridge we were treated to a beautiful
sunset and pastel sky. We arrived at Kampkare Free restaurant and
marina and unloaded the bikes. By this time the sun had set and the
temperature had dropped to a chilly degree. We started out on the
15mile loop around the lake under a clear and star filled sky. As we
rode my SON hub and Bob's S6 Dyno tek generator did a great job of
lighting up the rode. Art was wearing a super cool vest that had red
LED's on the front and back that flashed. In the dark Arkansas night
his vest showed up great while on his WW trike. All three of us had a
blast shooting the bull while cruising through the crisp fall
night.After 7 or so miles our chatter was interrupted by a Armadillo
crossing the road. We got a good laugh when Bob almost ran over the
Dillo with those 16" GT3 wheels. We continued on around the lake and
back to the restaurant for dinner. After dinner Art had to go and Bob
and I did the loop again. I got back home at exactly midnight. A good
time was had by two 50ish benters from Tennessee and a 70ish rider
from Mississippi.