End to End tour reports

Old August 17th 04, 04:51 PM
sam

Default End to End tour reports

LEJOG or JOGLE veterans: Please visit bikereader's new page of tour
reports if you'd like to submit a link:
http://www.bikereader.com/e2e.html

--
http://www.bikereader.com
Old August 17th 04, 06:35 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , sam
') wrote:

LEJOG or JOGLE veterans: Please visit bikereader's new page of tour
reports if you'd like to submit a link:
http://www.bikereader.com/e2e.html

Third time. Yes, your message is getting through. Each additional
posting of it ****es everyone else off a little more. Be patient. The
system works.

/-\ You have discovered a security flaw in a Microsoft product. You
|-| can report this issue to our security tesm. Would you like to
| | * Be completely ignored (default)?
| | * Receive a form email full of platitudes about how much we care?
\_/ * Spend hours helping us fix this problem for free?
Old August 17th 04, 07:39 PM
Simonb

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , sam

Funny that. It didn't **** me off in the slightest.

Old August 17th 04, 07:45 PM
Mark Thompson

Third time. Yes, your message is getting through. Each additional
posting of it ****es everyone else off a little more. Be patient. The
system works.

Damn, I've only got two!
Old August 17th 04, 09:27 PM
davek

Mark Thompson wrote:
Damn, I've only got two!

I've only had it once.

What really ****es me off is that I often see replies to other people's
posts when I never saw the original post. I'm not all that sure the
system does work. It definitely doesn't work for me.

d.
Old August 17th 04, 10:56 PM
chris French

In message , davek
writes
Mark Thompson wrote:
Damn, I've only got two!

I've only had it once.

What really ****es me off is that I often see replies to other people's
posts when I never saw the original post. I'm not all that sure the
system does work. It definitely doesn't work for me.

Your problem is that you use BT. Their news server is basically crap and
has been for years.

I suggest that you try news.individual.net, which is free and works.

http://www.individual.net/index.html

--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 18th 04, 07:33 AM
davek

chris French wrote:
Your problem is that you use BT.

Aha! I wondered if that might be something to do with it.

Thanks very much for the suggestion - I'll give that other one a try.

d.
Old August 18th 04, 08:08 AM
jacob

Is there any particular advantage to using a newsreader instead of
google groups which I use? Google seems unproblematic except for the
3-6 hour delay in posting.

cheers

Jacob
Old August 18th 04, 09:47 AM
Mark Thompson

Is there any particular advantage to using a newsreader instead of
google groups which I use? Google seems unproblematic except for the
3-6 hour delay in posting.

Try a 3-6 second delay in posting, messages coming up almost instantly even
on dial-up, being able to show posts in almost any order (by date, unread
posts only, new posts only, alphabetical order...), kill files, most spam
blocked by your ISP, filters....
Old August 18th 04, 10:02 AM
Simonb

jacob wrote:

Google seems unproblematic except for the
3-6 hour delay in posting.

3-6 /hours/? With a dedicated client and a decent server, postings are
more-or-less instantaneous.