Bne - LABDO - Friday 29.12 ????

Old December 27th 06, 09:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

Default Bne - LABDO - Friday 29.12 ????

The LardeArse Big Day Out. Its been a long and problematic pregnancy.
Time for the birth.

Plan (loose):

- meet 5.30am Southern Side of Goodwill Bridge
- roll out to Dayboro then home via Petrie and Redcliffe
- bakery / McDonalds / pizza hut / weight watchers stop / all of the
previous as often as required.
- alternative route suggestions welcome
If Fri does not suit, it can be moved to Sat (still little / no racing
in Bne I think?) Abby is checking on availability. I'm good to go
either day.

In LA style - we go as quick as the slowest rider, and I'll bring a few
ocky straps to attach to Adam85's seat post for those that tire early

Who else is in??

Asterope - are you any chance of not coming along? (serial piker joke)

Tam - was 4 hrs of running today enough to scratch that itch? You
free?
Lotte - it shouldn't rain, and Daisy will be a bog, so get on board
Paullie - got that new roadie frame yet?
Donga - bring the lad(s) along [sorry, no smiley fits here]
Kevin - its too early to start training for the Epic - get on board the
LA express
Duracell Bunny - (I know your back stiffens up after abt 40km, but
that's why g*d invented ibuprofen and codeine .... ......mmmmmm
codeine )
Adam85 - based on your Tambo report, you're not navigating, but please
raise your seat post a little (see ocky strap comment above)

--
monsterman

Old December 27th 06, 05:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

monsterman Wrote:
The LardeArse Big Day Out. Its been a long and problematic pregnancy.
Time for the birth.
Sorry, can't make it Friday - personal stuff to do that day (would have

been my wedding anniversary). Off to Lismore the next day for a few
days ...

Going stir crazy not being able to ride in this rain ...

Hope it goes well for all though, have a good one.

--
Duracell Bunny

Old December 27th 06, 09:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Donga - bring the lad(s) along [sorry, no smiley fits here]

Thanks MM, will see how it goes.

Adam85 - based on your Tambo report, you're not navigating

I'm looking forward to seeing this RR. When I piked out, we finally
agreed I would head backwards, which it turned out went due north to
get to the city in about 25km compared to the 65km it had taken us
outbound. Did you get lost, boys? What was the final distance? How was
the descent in the wet?

Donga

Old December 27th 06, 11:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

monsterman wrote:
snip
Tam - was 4 hrs of running today enough to scratch that itch? You
free?

snip
It was actually closer to 4.5 hours. Tamsin looked at her map of BFP,
picked the area with the most contour lines, and said "let's go that
way!" We were going really well until it took us almost an hour to
cover one particularly nasty 1.5km section which consisted of a
disgustingly steep downhill (thank G*d for the rain or we'd have just
rolled down it), a creek crossing and then a disgustingly steep uphill.
Nice recovery session for my twisted ankle! Tamsin did a calc when she
got home and figured that in the mere 23km we'd covered, we'd done over
1250m of up.

Anyway I'm up at Noosa this weekend, so I'm out for the LABDO (that
looks so wrong) :-( you sure you don't wanna hold off another weekend?
*pouts*

Tam

Old December 28th 06, 01:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

"Donga" wrote in message
oups.com...

Donga - bring the lad(s) along [sorry, no smiley fits here]

Thanks MM, will see how it goes.

Adam85 - based on your Tambo report, you're not navigating

I'm looking forward to seeing this RR. When I piked out, we finally
agreed I would head backwards, which it turned out went due north to
get to the city in about 25km compared to the 65km it had taken us
outbound. Did you get lost, boys? What was the final distance? How was
the descent in the wet?

Na mate, we piked just after you, we were going the right way, but I did
have the map in my head upside down, so I'm glad I didn't send you south on
the Mt Lindsay Hwy!

Remember the no through road that we stopped at? I spoke to a local and they
have recently closed that road - it used to go through and onto stockleigh
Rd, which drops you out about 5km further south onto the MLH, which means
it's only a short run to Jimboomba and the Mundoolun Rd which is why I got a
bit confused. Anyway instead of going to Canungra we just scooted back to
Logan Village via Camp Kable Rd, and had a pie there, hoping to catch you as
you went past, but obviously you stayed on the MLH.

Thanks for the ride anyway, we did about 120km all up.

Adam

Old December 28th 06, 01:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Anyway I'm up at Noosa this weekend, so I'm out for the LABDO (that
looks so wrong) :-( you sure you don't wanna hold off another weekend?
*pouts*

Tam

I'm happy to push the LABDO back a while until we get ourselves sorted.
There is another bunch (the Trolls) heading to redcliffe tomorrow
morning at 6am from under the victoria bridge, I will roll out with
them unless I get blown away by a barrage of late responses to this
thread. Donga, if you want to come along, I have a couple of mates who
ride regularly with the trolls, and they are a very friendly bunch.
They gather under the Southbank end of the Victoria Bridge (hence the
name "Trolls"). Ditto Abby if you are able to make it!!

I'm keen to do something tomorrow as the weather is going to get more
****ey for the next 3 /4 days after that (which of course was destined
to happen the minute I booked a unit on the GC for a week from 2/1/07
)

--
monsterman

Old December 28th 06, 01:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

"monsterman" wrote in
message ...

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

[...]

Hi MM,
I can't make it Friday. Saturday is possible but I'll let you know..... The
upcoming weather forecast does look crap!

Adam

Old December 28th 06, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

adam85 Wrote:

Hi MM,
I can't make it Friday. Saturday is possible but I'll let you
know..... The
upcoming weather forecast does look crap!

AdamSorry, I'm to blame for the lousy forecast. I'm camping down at Lismore

from Saturday, for the first time in 20 years. Had to rain, didn't it?

--
Duracell Bunny

Old December 28th 06, 02:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

"Duracell Bunny"
wrote in message
news

adam85 Wrote:

Hi MM,
I can't make it Friday. Saturday is possible but I'll let you
know..... The
upcoming weather forecast does look crap!

AdamSorry, I'm to blame for the lousy forecast. I'm camping down at
Lismore

from Saturday, for the first time in 20 years. Had to rain, didn't it?

--
Duracell Bunny

Yeah camping = rain I've found! By the way you're posts from cycling forums
get all scrambled. Chuck a couple of blank lines in before your reply and
it'll fix it.

Adam

Old December 28th 06, 02:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

adam85 wrote:
"Donga" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Yep thanks too - it was fun, except when blasting along at 35 behind
you guys, hoping there were no potholes that I couldn't see! It's funny
how the rain seems heavy when it's mostly road spray.

Donga

Friday Andre Racing 9 July 21st 06 06:01 PM
Lazy Friday Gags Australia 2 March 5th 06 03:56 AM
dreary friday JD Mountain Biking 2 January 30th 06 05:49 AM
My new toy came on friday :-) thinuniking Unicycling 3 March 14th 04 09:48 PM
Did my first century Friday Donny Harder Jr. General 4 July 11th 03 05:21 AM