Friday was a great day!

Old June 6th 04, 04:37 PM
Roger Buchanan

Default Friday was a great day!

Well, Friday the Clif Bar Fairy stopped by again. Three more Black
Cherry Almond Barss to add to my cache! She was down in the U.S., and
knowing that I'm partial to them (and can't get them in Canada) picked
some up for me. Pure spontaneous act of kindness, right outta the blue.

Then I stopped by the LBS to pick up my bike, which had both Der's
adjusted, brakes centered, and a new housing for the front Der. They
took the repair tag and ripped it up, saying "You do enough trail
work... so get outta here." (Me thinks the Donut Fairy is gonna visit
them!)

Geez, I kinda felt special for a while Friday afternoon. Here's hoping
all of you get similar experiences!
--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.
Old June 6th 04, 05:09 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-06-06, Roger Buchanan penned:
Well, Friday the Clif Bar Fairy stopped by again. Three more Black
Cherry Almond Barss to add to my cache! She was down in the U.S., and
knowing that I'm partial to them (and can't get them in Canada) picked
some up for me. Pure spontaneous act of kindness, right outta the
blue.

Then I stopped by the LBS to pick up my bike, which had both Der's
adjusted, brakes centered, and a new housing for the front Der. They
took the repair tag and ripped it up, saying "You do enough trail
work... so get outta here." (Me thinks the Donut Fairy is gonna visit
them!)

Geez, I kinda felt special for a while Friday afternoon. Here's hoping
all of you get similar experiences!

Awesome, Rog!

--
monique
Old June 6th 04, 05:19 PM
Chris

"Roger Buchanan" wrote in message
They
took the repair tag and ripped it up, saying "You do enough trail
work... so get outta here." (Me thinks the Donut Fairy is gonna visit
them!)

Haha! Exactly! Tell that tcmedara dude to take note - they decided to hook
up a guy who does a lot of stuff for the cycling community, and he STILL
wants to repay them via donuts (which are almost as good as beer...depends
on the wrench, I guess). Nicely done, Rog.

Chris

Old June 9th 04, 03:00 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:37:54 -0500, Roger Buchanan
wrote:

.....didn't have to use my AK,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]