Friday the 13 misadventure!

Old May 14th 05, 02:58 AM

Default Friday the 13 misadventure!

I remember thinking, gee, going for a bike ride on fri the 13... but
of course that's just SILLY. And the weather has been so sh*tty
lately and it finally wasn't raining today and as usual, it's going to
rain this weekend.

So after the ride, with my friend, we're like two blocks from my
house, rambling along and then suddenly... BLAT! It was just one of
those totally flukey falls. I just looked down and thought my wheel
was a bit close to his back wheel, and I probably said, S***! and
maneuvred away.But he went in the same direction, left, and I thought
" I just don't want our wheels to get tangled and collide and fall on
each other!"

" Anyways, I fell on the fleshiest part of my butt cheek, which is now
covered with garden variety road rash, which will turn into a hug
bruise of course, and a big lump on my right shin. I was wearing
knickers and long sleeves because it was cool, so no skin loss. One
of my shifters is a bit crooked, no big deal.

I got through the hairiest intersections,missed all the big potholes-
I crash two blocks from home. Sigh... it was just so STOOPID! ! I
knew I shouldn't have gone for a ride on friday the 13. Or I should
have taken some lucky charm with me!
Old May 14th 05, 03:09 AM
1oki

wrote in message

[...]

Were there any fat goober LotR re-enactors watching you and laughing??

--
'Common sense is the collection of prejudices
acquired by age eighteen.' -albert einstein

Old May 14th 05, 04:31 AM
Bill Sornson

[...]

A "HUG BRUISE", Gracie? Naughty but nice typo... (Glad you weren't hurt
and the bike's OK.)

I got a massage today so no ride, but DID manage to blow up a brand-new
Michelin Race tube while finally installing a pair of Veloflex Paves on my
"good" wheels. Those suckers (the Paves) are TIGHT to get on.

Half expecting /another/ BOOM! some time around 3 AM, Bill S.

Old May 14th 05, 01:03 PM
Joe Canuck

[...]

I had planned on going for a ride yesterday afternoon which would have
taken me on a mix of city streets and bike paths.

Despite the weather being decent, I decided against it...

-I was having a hard time staying awake in the early afternoon, so I was
already tired and not fully alert.
-It was Friday the 13th.
-And being a Friday, the traffic would be heavier than usual.

I decided this was a bad combination, more based on the fact I was tired
than anything else and not really ready to face city traffic.

Old May 14th 05, 02:34 PM
Jeff Starr

On Sat, 14 May 2005 08:54:21 -0400, "1oki"
wrote:

I've got no problems with Friday the 13th though. In fact I'm the type who
would make a point of tempting superstition.

My Dad, always used to say that Friday the 13th, was his lucky day.

Hard to say if it was indeed lucky, but at least it wasn't unlucky. It
is all what you make it.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old May 14th 05, 02:47 PM
1oki

wrote:

I've got no problems with Friday the 13th though. In fact I'm the type
who
would make a point of tempting superstition.

My Dad, always used to say that Friday the 13th, was his lucky day.

Hard to say if it was indeed lucky, but at least it wasn't unlucky. It
is all what you make it.

I know a fellow of Chinese extraction. To superstitious Chinese, 4 is very
bad mojo. Two 4's together is well nigh Armageddon. But 8 is good karma
apparently so a 4 with an 8 is ok.

If I were to buy lottery tickets I'd pick 4 & 13 as two of the numbers fer
sure.

--
'Not only does God play dice, but...
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.'

Old May 14th 05, 05:18 PM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:09:26 -0400, "1oki"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Hahah... no, thank god, and no roadies to see how stupid i looked. But
two guys who were standing and talking on the sidewalk asked if I was
okay and if I needed to come sit down on their porch.

Gee, maybe god is getting me for criticizing LOTR and goobers!
Old May 14th 05, 05:20 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 03:31:23 GMT, "Bill Sornson"

[...]

Better than when you're ON the bike...blowing a tire is no fun!

As for the typo, it's this ****ty keyboard, really! The touch pad
makes the cursor jump around...i'm always finding dumb mistakes, it's
embarrassing.
Old May 14th 05, 05:22 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 08:03:55 -0400, Joe Canuck

[...]

Good thinking especially if you're tired. Friday traffic is always
hairy. If i ride at this time on fridays there are certain
intersections i simply avoid, they are just too dangerous. It's going
to be even worse next week with a long weekend!