Has anybody noticed...

Old May 27th 10, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark J.

Default Has anybody noticed...

....that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.
Old May 27th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 26 May 2010 22:04:04 -0700, "Mark J."
wrote:

...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

To be honest, by the time I've finished watching it more or less live,
I'm not sure what is left to be said. The shotgun tactics usually
evident this year in my mind are a reflection of trying to run the ToC
at the same time and not having the A team domestiques.

The only rbr direct influence evident is I assume Ilan or someone
called up when Stevo accidentally implied that Hampsten won on the
Gavia (you can parse it slightly different, 'cause I DID roll back on
that one and listen again). After the commercial break, he corrected
himself.

(I can imagine that 'Gogo' (enough of this already) said off mike,
"****tard! Your ass is grass on rbr for that comment!")

I will admit that I had the same thought, though, when the cycling bar
rolled around on ESPN this morning and it was all about the drugs and
no Giro results. But if after more than two weeks they still mention
Denis Menchov in the Giro splash bar on UniSports, evidently no one
really cares.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 27th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 5/27/2010 1:04 AM, Mark J. wrote:
...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

Do you think Basso is riding clean?
Old May 27th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

B. Lafferty wrote:.
Do you think Basso is riding clean?

Does he look like a robot ?
Old May 27th 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

On May 26, 11:04*pm, "Mark J." wrote:
...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

Liz Hatch isn't riding. (Although no coverage on Liz usually gets
coverage on RBR.)

sa
Old May 27th 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On May 26, 10:04*pm, "Mark J." wrote:
...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

8 miles of 10% agony on the Mortirolo on the agenda for tomorrow.

Brad Anders
Old May 27th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On May 27, 2:03*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
On May 26, 10:04*pm, "Mark J." wrote:

...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

8 miles of 10% agony on the Mortirolo on the agenda for tomorrow.

Dumbass -

Don't parts of the Mortirolo approach 20%?

thanks,

Fred. presnted by Gringioni.
Old May 28th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
heather

Mark J. wrote:
...that there's this bike race thingie going on in Italy called a "Giro"?

Just wondered 'cuz it's not getting much coverage on RBR.

Mark J.

every day I come here, with ridiculous hope for something race related.
I scan all the post titles (drugs, drugs, drugs, liz, drugs..) Then I
mark them all, and there's a lot of 'em, "read" without opening any of
them. It's not that I don't care, it's that I can't care.

Then I go an watch my taped coverage of the Giro.
thanks for asking!!!
heather
Old May 28th 10, 10:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

Brad Anders wrote:
8 miles of 10% agony on the Mortirolo on the agenda for tomorrow.

And a climb over the Gavia (you know the one where Hamspsten had his
famous stage victory over) on Saturday. I don't suppose there's any
chance of snow.

I just noticed this [email protected] Australia 10 January 15th 07 11:10 PM
Something I just noticed ....... Ken C. M. General 9 July 12th 06 03:18 PM
So who all has noticed ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 15 June 2nd 05 12:30 PM
Have you ever noticed... Pat General 28 January 10th 05 12:54 AM
Has anyone noticed? Ian Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 01:10 PM