Lance and Radio Shack

Old May 16th 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Lance and Radio Shack

Lance is hoping his form develops during the Tour of California.
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...ng-form-comes-
in-california )

Lance is going to have to perform well if he hopes to win this years
TDF. If Lance does not win then probably no one else who can on Shack
this year.
Old May 16th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote in message
Lance is hoping his form develops during the Tour of California.
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...ng-form-comes-
in-california )

Lance is going to have to perform well if he hopes to win this years
TDF. If Lance does not win then probably no one else who can on Shack
this year.

Do you seriously believe Lance can win the TdF this year? I don't think
even Lance believes that. He can be a factor, and it's possible that
things could, in a bizarro world, fall into place to allow that to
happen. But c'mon, let's get real here. It will be fun watching to see
how Lance does, but how could smart money be placed far from Contador
and Andy?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 16th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On May 15, 10:37*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
wrote in message

Lance is hoping his form develops during the Tour of California.
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...ng-form-comes-
in-california )

Lance is going to have to perform well if he hopes to win this years
TDF. If Lance does not win then probably no one else who can on Shack
this year.

Do you seriously believe Lance can win the TdF this year? I don't think
even Lance believes that. He can be a factor, and it's possible that
things could, in a bizarro world, fall into place to allow that to
happen. But c'mon, let's get real here. It will be fun watching to see
how Lance does, but how could smart money be placed far from Contador
and Andy?

It doesn't matter whether LANCE can win the TdF.
It doesn't even matter whether LANCE thinks he can
win the TdF.

What matters is whether the FANBOYS think LANCE
can win the TdF.

That's where the money is.

Sincerely,
Ben
RBR Corporate Sponsor Communications Director
Old May 16th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I hate these things, but it sounds like you're saying:

1. Find Lance FANBOYS.
2. ???
3. Make MILLIONS!
Old May 16th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Exactly. But it's even bigger than that. What with the cancer and all,
his just being in the TdF is huge for most people, as is his age. LA
is still a beacon of hope for those barely able to get through a chemo
session without suffering. I don't like the guy at all, or his
relentless publicity machine. For LA it's really not about the bike.
Except on RBR, where everything is about the bike, even Liz Hatch's
tits.

sa
Old May 16th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
wrote in message

Lance is hoping his form develops during the Tour of California.
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...ng-form-comes-
in-california )

Lance is going to have to perform well if he hopes to win this years
TDF. If Lance does not win then probably no one else who can on Shack
this year.

Yes I doubt Lance can win this year. But my point is that Lance must
show significant progress in the ToC if he has any chance of winning.

Old May 16th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

semi-ambivalent wrote:
Except on RBR, where everything is about the bike, even Liz Hatch's
tits.

Dumbass,
On rbr everything is about Liz's tits.
Old May 16th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On May 16, 11:22*am, "K. Fred Gauss"
wrote:
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

It doesn't matter whether LANCE can win the TdF.
It doesn't even matter whether LANCE thinks he can
win the TdF.

What matters is whether the FANBOYS think LANCE
can win the TdF.

That's where the money is.

Sincerely,
Ben
RBR Corporate Sponsor Communications Director

I hate these things, but it sounds like you're saying:

1. Find Lance FANBOYS.
2. ???
3. Make MILLIONS!

I think the last few years have shown that
1. something
2. ???
3. Profit!

is in fact the basic operating principle of our
economic system.

Of course, if I wasn't such an ivory-tower Dumbass,
I would have figured that out earlier. Certainly anyone
who worked in a large technology company has probably
realized that. In retrospect I could have pieced it together
from my experience and my father's in such places.

We're all just underpants gnomes on this bus,

Fredmaster Ben

Old May 17th 10, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark J.

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

His being /relevant/ in the TdF, /especially/ at his age, is huge in rbr.

I remember feeling a lot younger when Kelly won MSR in 1992 at nearly 36
years of age ('cause he was older than I was, though barely).

Hope springs eternal in an FM's heart. We'll gladly settle for
delusional hope, it's really popular around here.
It /definitely/ doesn't matter whether LANCE can win the TdF.

Mark J.
Old May 17th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sun, 16 May 2010 08:30:45 -0700 (PDT), semi-ambivalent
wrote:

Exactly. But it's even bigger than that. What with the cancer and all,
his just being in the TdF is huge for most people, as is his age. LA
is still a beacon of hope for those barely able to get through a chemo
session without suffering. I don't like the guy at all, or his
relentless publicity machine. For LA it's really not about the bike.
Except on RBR, where everything is about the bike, even Liz Hatch's
tits.

sa

I'm worried about his publicity machine. Frankly, his eyes look a tad
scared in the meaningless Radio Shack commercial. Good glare at the
start, but as the camera angle shifts, its like he sees age catching
up on him. Only interesting part of what has to be one of the worst
commercials in history.

And if rbr decides to become a non-profit, I suggest for our public
purpose we drown Nick for AT&T. He spends too much time around young
girls in bathing suits anyway.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Team Radio Shack Kit Wife Beater Racing 18 December 12th 09 01:58 AM
New Team Radio Shack Photos - Lance Armstrong Joe King[_2_] Racing 0 September 28th 09 04:52 AM
Radio Shack Andre Racing 8 August 4th 09 04:22 AM
Team Radio Shack and Astana....? hizark21 Racing 3 July 27th 09 02:42 PM
Armstrong, Radio Shack-Nissan DirtRoadie Racing 12 July 25th 09 04:19 PM