Mini washer + spin dryer?

Old June 1st 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
MikeWhy

Default Mini washer + spin dryer?

Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin dryer?
I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink, and wringing
them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting more and more
tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a perfect waste to toss
even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times for a
good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim trunks
in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

Old June 2nd 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 1, 4:20*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin dryer?
I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink, and wringing
them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting more and more
tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a perfect waste to toss
even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times for a
good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim trunks
in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

Parachute cord and clothes pin.
Old June 2nd 10, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

MikeWhy wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin
dryer? I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink,
and wringing them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting
more and more tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a
perfect waste to toss even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times
for a good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim
trunks in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

I don't know anything about your inquiry specifically but,
regarding hand wash/drip dry, I once ended a first date ride
by washing and hanging her shorts next to mine. Results were
worth every bit of those five minutes!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 2nd 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 01/06/10 2:20 PM, MikeWhy wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin
dryer?

Haier HLP21E

OTOH, your full size washer on minimum load size with cold water (which
is what you should use for synthetic jerseys and synthetic shorts) does
not use much power.
Old June 2nd 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 6/1/2010 4:20 PM, MikeWhy wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin
dryer? I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink,
and wringing them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting
more and more tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a
perfect waste to toss even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times
for a good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim
trunks in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

I wear the sweaty clothes into the shower, wash and rinse on me, remove,
wring, and then hang to dry.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 2nd 10, 09:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

http://www.flubu.com/comics/DilbertHo.863.gif
Old June 2nd 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 1 June, 22:20, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin dryer?
I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink, and wringing
them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting more and more
tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a perfect waste to toss
even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times for a
good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim trunks
in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

Chuck them in a normal wash. Cycling clothes should not be delicate
in my eyes. If they fall apart, then they weren't up to the job. But
if you insist on touching up your delicates;

Washboard.
Wash tub and dolly.
Mangle.
clothes line and the wind.
the sun.

In fact leaving out articles of clothing in bright sun for 1/2 hour
will kill bacteria if the clothes are dry. I always try to get
cycling shorts out in the sun whenever I can whatever the wash method
employed.
Old June 2nd 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
MikeWhy

AMuzi wrote:
MikeWhy wrote:
[...]

As an update, I happended upon the perfect solution. I asked the same
question to the Mrs, who then wordlessly grabbed them from the secret dark
place and started a load. Bless her soul. They were neatly hung and already
dry the next time I bothered to notice. There is something comforting about
someone who'll clean your dirty jockstraps.

Old June 2nd 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jun 1, 10:20*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a mini clothes washer and a spin dryer?
I had been handwashing jerseys and cycling shorts in the sink, and wringing
them in a towel to dry. This works well enough, but getting more and more
tiresome. I don't have any other delicates so it's a perfect waste to toss
even 3 days worth of stink into the full size washer.

"Delicates"? Come on, that stuff's just overpriced plastic with an
expensively advertised label. They stink because they're plastic
rather than natural fibres.

Kneading them to wash isn't a problem, but repeating a few more times for a
good rinse is tiresome.

I like the spin dryers they have at the health club. Spin dries swim trunks
in about 10 seconds.

Any recommendations?

You could learn not to perspire, I suppose. The best people don't
smell of sweat (or worse, perfumed sprays to cover up their smell)
because they wear cotton and wool which, amazingly, as was known to
your mom before you were born, don't breed stinks.

AJ

mini mini pump recommendation needed Simon Lewis Techniques 31 March 27th 10 07:19 AM
pressure washer Cyclopath! - Keiron General 9 October 17th 06 05:01 AM
Homemade Camelbak dryer One on one Unicycling 24 April 27th 06 03:34 AM
Parts Washer Gags Australia 4 June 27th 05 06:30 AM
mini hair dryer to take while touring? bobdobbs Rides 2 January 5th 05 01:25 AM