WSJ: Chad Gerlach and David Clinger?

Old July 3rd 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

Default WSJ: Chad Gerlach and David Clinger?

The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS? CFG was pre-Lance
USPS so who ****ing cares what he has to say about doping on the team
(which he didn't say anything actually) and DFC was largely
inconsequential and MIA while on Postal and all he had to say was that
he was riding beat up Treks anyway.

The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

-DA74
Old July 3rd 10, 07:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Gringioni[_2_]

Default Chad Gerlach and David Clinger?

:
: The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
: a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

Dumbasss -

There won't be any talking unless there's hard evidence.

All one of them has to say is: "It was a long time ago, I don't remember"

As an aside, Gerlach and Clinger aren't really the kind of characters one
would want to build a case around. Gerlach is a meth addict (it's been
documented in interviews in the press - he's been homeless in Santa Cruz).
Clinger had that face tattoo **** going on. Who could be worse than those
two? That dude from stolenunderground.com, what was his name?

I'm gonna guess that Gerlach and Clinger are willing to talk because they're
outcasts from the community. The guys who still have good relationships with
the rest of the group "aren't going to remember".

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old July 3rd 10, 07:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

On Jul 2, 11:05*pm, "Fred Gringioni"
wrote:
"DA74" wrote in message

[...]

You mean Matt "Stolen Underground" Decanio?! He is busy in France
training with Vayer (I'm not joking) and hoping to race in le Tour
next year (I'm not joking). It looks like he took down all his YouTube
videos or I'd give you a link. The video I saw a few weeks ago with
Vayer was pretty funny as they're both sitting in a room where Matt
smugly makes the pronouncement that Vayer is going to coach him for a
comeback. There isn't really anything else to say but Matt goes on and
on about his own credentials (I wore a UCI yellow jersey once) and
then Vayer's credentials and who he's worked with and how he's clean,
blah blah blah. Embarrassingly stupid.

You're right, Gerlach was recently homeless in the Sacramento area
before kicking some ass in some of the NCNCA races last season but
last I heard he's bouncing around again. Clinger is in the same boat.
Both are total ****ing train wrecks just like Floyd so it's pretty
pointless to bring them into the fold.

As far as the guys talking, I think you're exactly right that they're
all going to pull the "I don't know card" - I can't see a reason not
to unless the feds bully them or try to pin something on them.
DA74
Old July 3rd 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty[_2_]

DA74 wrote:
You mean Matt "Stolen Underground" Decanio?! He is busy in France
training with Vayer (I'm not joking) and hoping to race in le Tour
next year (I'm not joking). It looks like he took down all his YouTube
videos or I'd give you a link.

I bet there was a link of him climbing with 45kg weights on his legs.
Old July 3rd 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss[_6_]

DA74 wrote:
The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS?

I'm of two minds on this. Given the build up this story got, it really
disappointed. On the other hand, at least they didn't quote Greg ****ing
Lemond.
Old July 3rd 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 7/3/2010 1:59 AM, DA74 wrote:
The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS? CFG was pre-Lance
USPS so who ****ing cares what he has to say about doping on the team
(which he didn't say anything actually) and DFC was largely
inconsequential and MIA while on Postal and all he had to say was that
he was riding beat up Treks anyway.

The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

-DA74

The WSJ article refers to three *unnamed* riders. That's one more
than the two unnamed riders that the NY Times referred to a few weeks ago.
Old July 3rd 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil

On Jul 3, 11:08*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 7/3/2010 1:59 AM, DA74 wrote: The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS? CFG was pre-Lance
USPS so who ****ing cares what he has to say about doping on the team
(which he didn't say anything actually) and DFC was largely
inconsequential and MIA while on Postal and all he had to say was that
he was riding beat up Treks anyway.

The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

-DA74

* The WSJ article refers to three *unnamed* riders. *That's one more
than the two unnamed riders that the NY Times referred to a few weeks ago

It doesn't make a lick of difference wgat anyone SAYS. Until
there is hard evidence..LA will skate.
Old July 3rd 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 7/3/2010 12:10 PM, Phil wrote:
On Jul 3, 11:08 am, "B. wrote:
On 7/3/2010 1:59 AM, DA74 wrote: The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS? CFG was pre-Lance
USPS so who ****ing cares what he has to say about doping on the team
(which he didn't say anything actually) and DFC was largely
inconsequential and MIA while on Postal and all he had to say was that
he was riding beat up Treks anyway.

The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

-DA74

The WSJ article refers to three *unnamed* riders. That's one more
than the two unnamed riders that the NY Times referred to a few weeks ago

It doesn't make a lick of difference wgat anyone SAYS. Until
there is hard evidence..LA will skate.

Witness testimony is hard evidence, particularly when several witnesses
are corroborating each other and there is documentary evidence to
further corroborate the witnesses testimony.
Old July 4th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

On Jul 2, 11:59*pm, DA74 wrote:
The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about their time on USPS? CFG was pre-Lance
USPS so who ****ing cares what he has to say about doping on the team
(which he didn't say anything actually) and DFC was largely
inconsequential and MIA while on Postal and all he had to say was that
he was riding beat up Treks anyway.

The guys with the real information ain't gonna say **** until they cut
a deal or their asses are pulled in front of a grand jury.

-DA74

So they mention these also-rans to turn the screws a little. I rode a
century today and am surprised that I don't give a **** about this,
even though I once did. The kingpins never go down. Anywhere. If
Obergruppenfuher Rumsfeldt and Emporer Cheney haven't done jail time
LA sure as hell isn't going to. Deals will be cut and in a few years
it will all fall into America's memory hole. LA once said it took only
three years for America to forget Greg Lemond. I suspect he'll find
out that seven Tours won't do much better. Only this time that will be
a plus.

"We're gonna smoke them out of their holes."

-another Texan.
Old July 4th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 3, 9:18*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 7/3/2010 12:10 PM, Phil wrote:

On Jul 3, 11:08 am, "B. *wrote:
[...]

Dumbass -

All the stuff in Floyd's new accusations we

1) outside of the statute of limitations

2) in France

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Chad Gerlach - good cyclists don't always become great dopers Anton Berlin Racing 1 October 14th 09 04:14 PM
Chad Gerlach GoneBeforeMyTime Racing 12 October 11th 09 05:57 PM
Comeback cyclist Chad Gerlach living on the streets again Ablang General 0 October 8th 09 06:52 PM
Chad Gerlach: He raced like the wind – then came 5 years on the streets Ablang Racing 0 February 21st 09 07:20 PM
David clinger bikeguy11968 Racing 0 August 9th 05 03:19 PM