Yet another preventable death blamed on SUVs? --Hit-and-runs

Old September 21st 10, 03:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Default Yet another preventable death blamed on SUVs? --Hit-and-runs

On Sep 19, 7:25*am, Opus wrote:
On Sep 19, 2:38*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

snip quoted material
So TM is right. So what?

He has been posting the same old **** over over for at least a year now..
Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of
thing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple. It is
irrelevant whether he is right or not. He is a crashing bore and a
simpleton. And if you take him seriously, then you are too.

You should have posted your above message as an original subject separate
from him if you wanted anyone to read it. Everyone has kill-filed TM because
he is nothing but a g.d. nuisance.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I guess you weren't there when they were doing the lessons on teaching
to dummies. Repetition is the key to learning, over and over again
until it sinks in. One could post the same thing about you and your
use of swear words.

I take TM seriously because what he posts jibes with my observations
on my daily rides. I don't agree with his similes about jungles and
bananas, but his direct statements are factual and from my experience
truthful. Note that factual and truthful are not the same thing,
factual means testable in the real world, truthful means a fact that
has tested true under at least one circumstance.

Opus, your incident touched me a lot, and sometimes I have similar
nightmares. I was spit in my face by an angry driver but that doesn't
compare. I'm not afraid to die though. I'm afraid to be broken up and
then abandoned. To be honest, despite my wisdom, I have a hard time
forgiving or forgetting. That TERRORIST that left you bleeding... I'd
unleash the mighty power we use in Afghanistan to hunt him down. A
drone would be perfect.

Hit-and-runs are a common occurrence here too, almost every cyclist
can account for one, and nobody makes an issue out of it. He --and his
kind-- get my banana for the time being...

http://www.all4humor.com/images/file...e%20Finger.jpg
Old September 22nd 10, 03:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Opus[_2_]

On Sep 21, 9:46*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle" wrote:
On Sep 19, 7:25*am, Opus wrote:

[...]

snip

TM, don't worry about it, the fact that I survived was a fluke. The
survival rate for an unprotected human hit at that speed is measured
in parts per million, I really should be dead now, but I'm not.
Therefore I have some people to bother yet, to poke and prod into
doing the right thing. I tried being nice but nice don't fly in this
day and age.
Old September 22nd 10, 03:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

the Jungle" wrote:
On Sep 19, 7:25*am, Opus wrote:

[...]

So long as you keep that diary of yours, people will learn from you. I
call it the JUNGLE so they know the law most prevalent out there.

You still keep it? Got the link?