Stupid cyclist tricks

Old November 3rd 17, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stupid cyclist tricks

Author of his own demise: https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...rider-charged/.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old November 3rd 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 03/11/17 14:19, wrote:
Author of his own demise:
https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...rider-charged/.

That's the best wheelie I've ever seen!

Old November 3rd 17, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 20:36:48 +0100, Tosspot
wrote:
On 03/11/17 14:19, wrote:
Author of his own demise:
https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...rider-charged/.

That's the best wheelie I've ever seen!

Great wheelie, bad brain.
Old November 4th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

He violated a basic principle of city cycling, avoid doing anything that impedes the progress of others or that startles them unnecessarily.
--
Andrew Chaplin
Old November 5th 17, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 15:01:39 +0700, John B wrote:
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 00:42:27 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 11:45:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

He violated a basic principle of city cycling, avoid doing anything
that impedes the progress of others or that startles them
unnecessarily.

Unfortunately I see a lot of "urban cyclists" around here not
following that principle. As transportational cycling grows, it
appears that the stupidity formerly seen behind the wheel of cars is
now seen on the saddle of bikes.

Given that the bicyclist is the slowest, least powerful and most
easily damaged user of the streets it would seem logical for the rider
to beware.

One would think :-)

Pedestrians? Even slower, less powerful and as easily damaged.

At least locally all bike paths and trails are shared with pedestrians
(even where there are separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, at
least half the time the pedestrians are walking in the bike path segment
for some reason). Bike lanes in streets are generally not, but even
then a lot of adult cyclists ride on the sidewalks.

Yet to my observations neither cyclists nor pedestrians pay much mind to
what is going on around them. They seem to rely on the belief that the
rest of the world will just avoid them as they ignore traffic laws or
common sense.
Old November 6th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

He violated a basic principle of city cycling, avoid doing anything
that impedes the progress of others or that startles them
unnecessarily.

Unfortunately I see a lot of "urban cyclists" around here not
following that principle. As transportational cycling grows, it
appears that the stupidity formerly seen behind the wheel of cars is
now seen on the saddle of bikes.

Given that the bicyclist is the slowest, least powerful and most
easily damaged user of the streets it would seem logical for the rider
to beware.

One would think :-)

Pedestrians? Even slower, less powerful and as easily damaged.

Well, yes. Although I seldom see pedestrians "taking the lane" as
Frank advocates...

At least not while sober :-)

At least locally all bike paths and trails are shared with pedestrians
(even where there are separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, at
least half the time the pedestrians are walking in the bike path segment
for some reason). Bike lanes in streets are generally not, but even
then a lot of adult cyclists ride on the sidewalks.

Yet to my observations neither cyclists nor pedestrians pay much mind to
what is going on around them. They seem to rely on the belief that the
rest of the world will just avoid them as they ignore traffic laws or
common sense.

Perhaps we should accept bicycle accidents as example of Darwin in
action :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 6th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

He violated a basic principle of city cycling, avoid doing anything
that impedes the progress of others or that startles them
unnecessarily.

Unfortunately I see a lot of "urban cyclists" around here not
following that principle. As transportational cycling grows, it
appears that the stupidity formerly seen behind the wheel of cars is
now seen on the saddle of bikes.

Given that the bicyclist is the slowest, least powerful and most
easily damaged user of the streets it would seem logical for the rider
to beware.

One would think :-)

Pedestrians? Even slower, less powerful and as easily damaged.

Well, yes. Although I seldom see pedestrians "taking the lane" as
Frank advocates...

IME, they often do on Mixed Use Paths. Sometimes four abreast. Add a dog
on a long leash and pedestrians' random motion, and it can make things
rather exciting.

Well, I was originally talking about lanes in city streets.
See
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/20/auto...ies/index.html

In the second photo from the top note the expression on the
pedestrian's face :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Stupid LBS Tricks Marian Techniques 0 September 25th 06 04:07 PM
Stupid LBS tricks Blair P. Houghton Techniques 49 September 22nd 06 06:40 PM
stupid tricks thread unijesse Unicycling 15 January 22nd 06 10:05 PM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ vyphih Hunrobe General 11 November 11th 04 03:45 AM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ ylojceq Tom Kunich Social Issues 2 November 10th 04 05:26 AM