Come Join Us

Old August 26th 03, 09:13 AM
RG

Default Come Join Us

"Ray" wrote in message
Post what you feel is relevant and the rest of the group will enjoy.
Exchange pics of the day out or your route track recorded by your GPS. Ask
for help and give some help if you can. Just make the group a nice place

visit without all the discourse you see on other groups. I hope it becomes

well used group.

Remove NOSPAM from address to send me email.

All power to your elbow BUT I'm afraid I shall not be joining as it requires
registration with Yahoo which, on past experience, results in massive
amounts of Spam, however hard you try with spam traps etc. Having just
overhauled all my e-mail addresses and created some specific
domain/addresses for "junk sites" I think I have Spam sort of under control.

RG

Old August 26th 03, 12:11 PM
marc

mule wrote:

Hi Ray,

I've joined!
I hope we get lots of members soon.
I think it could be a good NG - maybe plan a few rides.

It can never be a good NG , it's not a newsgroup, it's a web based
forum.

--
Marc
Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc
Old August 26th 03, 12:36 PM
mule

Hi Ray,

I've joined!
I hope we get lots of members soon.
I think it could be a good NG - maybe plan a few rides.

--
....meandering mule...
Old August 26th 03, 01:20 PM
mule

It can never be a good NG , it's not a newsgroup, it's a web based
forum.

It's actually a Group, according to Yahoo.
Besides, forums are categorized, wheareas NG aren't.

--
....meandering mule...
Old August 26th 03, 01:27 PM
mule

Besides which I don't really care what it is.

It could be good to share photos and files, which is something that this NG
can't do. A good place to share such information.

--
....meandering mule...
Old August 26th 03, 01:31 PM
chris French

In message , RG
writes

"Ray" wrote in message

All power to your elbow BUT I'm afraid I shall not be joining as it requires
registration with Yahoo which, on past experience, results in massive
amounts of Spam, however hard you try with spam traps etc.

I use a few of the Yahoo groups (some since they were e-groups) I have
never ever received any spam to the addresses used in these groups
(which are specific to each group) - I don't use the Yahoo email system,
or other parts of the service which may cause problems but the
Yahoogroups stuff has not caused be any problems.
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 26th 03, 01:37 PM
chris French

In message , mule
writes
It can never be a good NG , it's not a newsgroup, it's a web based
forum.

It's actually a Group, according to Yahoo.

Besides, forums are categorized, wheareas NG aren't.

~Well they are categorized in a way - they are organized in hierarchies,
and by their name - I don't find it difficult to find a relevant group
when I need to using my newsreader.

It's also worth noting (some people don't realise) that the Yahoo Groups
web forums are effectively web front ends onto mailing-lists. You can
read and post messages via email which I personally find much more
convenient.

1 - it's quicker than reading posts on a web page - I find that to much
to slow

2 - you don't get the Adverts that you get when reading on the web.

3. You don't have to be online - not a problem for me with Broadband but
maybe for some one on dialup (when it even slower anyway....)
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old August 26th 03, 01:57 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Yahoogroups stuff has not caused be any problems.
--

Lucky you :-) Yahoo groups have resulted in yours truly getting inundated with
spam. As a result, I too will not join any yahoo group ever again - however

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 26th 03, 04:44 PM
mule

Lucky you :-) Yahoo groups have resulted in yours truly getting
inundated with spam. As a result, I too will not join any yahoo group
ever again - however interesting the topic of the group. Shame really.

If you have a Yahoo account it should get rid of the spam for you.
Otherwise in Outlook it's very easy to set up a simple spam filter.
Or if you're very paranoid, you can buy spam filter software, though I'm
told there are ones for free too.

I'm a member of about a dozen Yahoo groups and get no spam at all.
{
blisterlodge
cyclingmemories
gps-v