Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Old September 6th 05, 07:33 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

"Bruce Davis" wrote in message
I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make
your voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than
there are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

Many thanks for the kind words, Bruce. My only purpose in being here is to
provide some entertainment to the troops for what would otherwise be a very
boring newsgroup. I like to supply some moral instruction too for good
measure.

Most recumbent cyclists are elderly men who have been working class types
all of their lives and have neglected their minds. All I have ever done is
to cultivate my mind since I never had to work much, so why should others
not benefit from my life of leisure.
[...]

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was
planning to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

Yes, I shall sadly be leaving one of these days and then the group can go
back to the way it was before I showed up. Liberals will once again take
over and there will be the mindless banter among a select few. At that point
the group will realize that I brought something valuable to the table that
will be sorely missed.

Most newsgroup are nothing but mindless banter among a self selected few. It
makes newsgroups a vast wasteland. It takes time and effort to write the
kind of posts that I submit which is why so few do it. But I believe every
newsgroup should have a few such individuals. The besetting sin of all
newsgroups is the terminal boredom of being forever on topic with mindless
banter. I spared ARBR that fate for as long as I could.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 6th 05, 07:50 AM
Edward Dolan

"Al Luminium" wrote in message
[...]
Ed hasn't changed much. I don't even see his posts, except for what's
quoted by a few guys (and you all know who you are) doing pointless jousts
with Ed, goading him to try and keep topping himself. At least with Tom
Sherman, we got a lesson in zionist politics. So forget the voting and go
riding.

Al, it is getting harder and harder to top myself. I am already at the God
level and I don't know where to go from there. I am thinking about going in
the other direction and transforming myself into the Devil. The trouble is
though that I really do not know too much about evil other than what I have
read in books. Besides, there is nothing more enjoyable than telling others
how they should live from a holier than thou perspective.

Tom Sherman was not bad by and large, but he could send me around the bend
when he compared the Israeli Defense Forces to the Palestinian terrorists.
He did not like being called an anti-Semite, that is for sure.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 6th 05, 07:58 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:43:41 -0400, "Bruce Davis"
wrote:

I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make
your
voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than
there
are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even
among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

How about you go set up a gfroup for your collection of morons and
call it:

alt.ed.dolan.masturbating.at.the.keyboard.again

There he can be the emperor of all his minions (he can appoint you
court fool) and put his psychosis on display for you.

Now you see why Jim has an XXX as part of his user name. Believe me when I
tell you this that anyone who is constantly referencing masturbation is
heavily into it. I think that is all we will ever have to know about him.

Old September 6th 05, 08:22 AM
Edward Dolan

"Dave Miller" wrote in message
[...]
Many, like myself, decided long ago Edward is to be pitied but easily
dismissed with filters. But the number of Ed responders proved too
numerous , and often valuable, too kill with a filter - so we moved to
BROL.

If you really want to know how people feel, don't ask these last
hold-outs - ask at BROL, prepare for the applause

I am of two minds about BROL. It is the place to go if you want recumbent
specific information all right. However, it is just way too boring and
tiresome for someone like me. A newsgroup without excitement is senseless.

ARBR has had its ups and downs over the years. Many of those who used to
post to ARBR left the group because they did not want any outsiders to
interfere with their mindless banter and liberal political comments. I got
rid of that bunch and I think they are all to be found on BROL now. Many of
them were retired Florida types who were into nothing but caressing one
another. That was not for me as you can well imagine.

The one thing that can destroy a newsgroup, any newsgroup, are criminal
vandal trolls. I have always tried to add something to the group and have
wanted the group to prosper, but there is no defense against criminal vandal
trolls. They can take down a newsgroup in just a few weeks easily. That
being the case, we should none of us come to rely on Usenet for anything
important. It is for fun and games only and should never be taken seriously.

All moderated newsgroups like BROL are impossibly boring. There is no
excitement on them whatever. However, they are the future because they are
safe and civil and more or less informational. But they are no fun.

Old September 6th 05, 09:03 AM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 01:58:10 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

wrote in message

How about you go set up a gfroup for your collection of morons and
call it:

alt.ed.dolan.masturbating.at.the.keyboard.again

There he can be the emperor of all his minions (he can appoint you
court fool) and put his psychosis on display for you.

Now you see why Jim has an XXX as part of his user name. Believe me when I
tell you this that anyone who is constantly referencing masturbation is
heavily into it. I think that is all we will ever have to know about him.

Used to be XYZ. Its a mere bot precaution. Consider it prophylactic.
More telling is that you go for the lowest common denominator.

jim

Old September 6th 05, 09:07 AM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 01:33:15 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Many thanks for the kind words, Bruce. My only purpose in being here is to
provide some entertainment to the troops for what would otherwise be a very
boring newsgroup. I like to supply some moral instruction too for good
measure.

Meaning your a fundamentalist. That makes you not much different that
those from Moselm countries. You don;t know how boring and boorish you
are.

Most recumbent cyclists are elderly men who have been working class types
all of their lives and have neglected their minds. All I have ever done is
to cultivate my mind since I never had to work much, so why should others
not benefit from my life of leisure.

Hmmm that's code for you haven't been employable and are on welfare

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was
planning to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

Yes, I shall sadly be leaving one of these days and then the group can go
back to the way it was before I showed up. Liberals will once again take
over and there will be the mindless banter among a select few. At that point
the group will realize that I brought something valuable to the table that
will be sorely missed.

Nah, you won;t leave because of your insecuriity. That has already
been established.

Most newsgroup are nothing but mindless banter among a self selected few. It
makes newsgroups a vast wasteland. It takes time and effort to write the
kind of posts that I submit which is why so few do it. But I believe every
newsgroup should have a few such individuals. The besetting sin of all
newsgroups is the terminal boredom of being forever on topic with mindless
banter. I spared ARBR that fate for as long as I could.

Self aggrandizement. Expected.

jim

Old September 6th 05, 09:11 AM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 02:22:40 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Dave Miller" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
[...]

Did they bar you from being there? Aw, too bad. You egos smarting over
that isn't it. That's why you can't let it drop.

The one thing that can destroy a newsgroup, any newsgroup, are criminal
vandal trolls. I have always tried to add something to the group and have
wanted the group to prosper, but there is no defense against criminal vandal
trolls. They can take down a newsgroup in just a few weeks easily. That
being the case, we should none of us come to rely on Usenet for anything
important. It is for fun and games only and should never be taken seriously.

All moderated newsgroups like BROL are impossibly boring. There is no
excitement on them whatever. However, they are the future because they are
safe and civil and more or less informational. But they are no fun.

But they are relief from a massive ego without a clue. Call it respite
from an overblow child who parents didn;t spank him enough as a child.

would your momma be proud of your behavior here, your overbearing
boorishness?

jim

Old September 6th 05, 09:42 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Many thanks for the kind words, Bruce. My only purpose in being here is to
provide some entertainment to the troops for what would otherwise be a
very
boring newsgroup. I like to supply some moral instruction too for good
measure.

Meaning your a fundamentalist. That makes you not much different that
those from Moselm countries. You don;t know how boring and boorish you
are.

"that those from" ?

When it comes to morality I am a fundamentalist, but when it comes to
religion I am an atheist. Most morality can be based on common sense, but
not all. That is why I occasionally have to resort to the moral teachings of
a religion. Roman Catholicism is the preferred religion for this purpose of
course.

Most recumbent cyclists are elderly men who have been working class types
all of their lives and have neglected their minds. All I have ever done is
to cultivate my mind since I never had to work much, so why should others
not benefit from my life of leisure.

Hmmm that's code for you haven't been employable and are on welfare\

I have been a gentleman of leisure my entire life. You could have been too
if you had not been so foolish as to marry and have children. It is not my
fault that you ended up nothing but a working stiff. That was still no
excuse for neglecting your mind, but I know it can be tough to feed your
mind when you have a wife and children to feed.

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was
planning to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

Yes, I shall sadly be leaving one of these days and then the group can go
back to the way it was before I showed up. Liberals will once again take
over and there will be the mindless banter among a select few. At that
point
the group will realize that I brought something valuable to the table that
will be sorely missed.

Nah, you won;t leave because of your insecuriity. That has already
been established.

We have already established that I am the most secure person on this
newsgroup. That is why I can leave any time I so choose and never look back.

Most newsgroup are nothing but mindless banter among a self selected few.
It
makes newsgroups a vast wasteland. It takes time and effort to write the
kind of posts that I submit which is why so few do it. But I believe every
newsgroup should have a few such individuals. The besetting sin of all
newsgroups is the terminal boredom of being forever on topic with mindless
banter. I spared ARBR that fate for as long as I could.

Self aggrandizement. Expected.

I say some interesting and perhaps controversial things about newsgroups and
I get nothing but an idiot response. JimXXX seems unusually stupid even by
ARBR standards.

Old September 6th 05, 04:21 PM
Joshua Goldberg

ED D. YES
ED G. NO

"Bruce Davis" wrote in message
I am proposing that we take an on-line poll of all readers of ARBR to
determine whether we, as a group, want Ed Dolan to stay or leave. In order
for this to work, we need the numerous lurkers to step forward and make
your voices heard. I suspect that there are many more lurkers to ARBR than
there are active posters. I also suspect that many lurkers, such as myself,
primarily visit ARBR to read the latest rants from Saint Edward. Even among
those of you who dislike Ed's politics or egotism, I bet you nonetheless
find him entertaining; and I suspect many of you agree that this newsgroup
would be a bore-fest without him.

So what we need every ARBR reader to do, including (especially) all of you
lurkers, is to reply to this post with just a few simple words:

Either:

"Ed Should Stay"

Or:

"Ed Should Go"

After the posts die down in a few days or weeks, I will tally all of the
hope he will heed the wishes of the majority. If, on the other hand, the
majority of ARBR readers want Ed to go, then he can do what he was
planning to do anyway, and vacate the premises.

So, after you read this, please respond with your vote. I will start the
ball rolling:

Ed Should Stay.

--Bruce Davis

Old September 7th 05, 01:00 AM
Johnny ReBike

On 6-Sep-2005, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Most recumbent cyclists are elderly men who have been working class
types
all of their lives and have neglected their minds. All I have ever done
is
to cultivate my mind since I never had to work much, so why should
others
not benefit from my life of leisure.

Hmmm that's code for you haven't been employable and are on welfare\

I have been a gentleman of leisure my entire life. You could have been too

if you had not been so foolish as to marry and have children. It is not my

fault that you ended up nothing but a working stiff. That was still no
excuse for neglecting your mind, but I know it can be tough to feed your
mind when you have a wife and children to feed.

Johnny ReBike sez, eddie dolan lives off rental income of buildings
inherited from parents. eddie boy slower at making a living than Johnny
ReBike is on the road.

--
Johnny ReBike
ReBike - Slowest Bike in the Known Universe