Wouter Weylandt death on the Giro - why his helmet was returned after the accident ?

Old May 19th 11, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cchris

Default Wouter Weylandt death on the Giro - why his helmet was returned after the accident ?

Maybe you have already seen the video with the Weylandt's accident on the
Giro. I wonder why his helmet was returned with the back side on the front???

Even more strange, we see the guys around cutting the helmet's strap as if
they would try to make us think that the helmet was in this position during
the impact. Would they try to hide the frontal side of the impacted helmet
probably destroyed by the frontal impact ?

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201105/cijDuVqZt9.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xim...weylandt_sport

Old May 19th 11, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 19 May 2011 09:27:09 +0200
"cchris" wrote:

Maybe you have already seen the video with the Weylandt's accident on
the Giro. I wonder why his helmet was returned with the back side on
the front???

I wonder why you wonder that, as it's clearly not backwards.

Even more strange, we see the guys around cutting the helmet's strap
as if they would try to make us think that the helmet was in this
position during the impact. Would they try to hide the frontal side
of the impacted helmet probably destroyed by the frontal impact ?

Why would the medics care, and what would you expect a cycle helmet
to do in a collision of this magnitude anyway?

Old May 19th 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Front Mech

On 19 mei, 09:27, "cchris" wrote:
Maybe you have already seen the video with the Weylandt's accident on the
Giro. I wonder why his helmet was returned with the back side on the front???

You may wonder that: however the helmet is correctly positioned.
Even more strange, we see the guys around cutting the helmet's strap as if
they would try to make us think that the helmet was in this position during
the impact.

The helmet was in this position at the moment of the crash.

Would they try to hide the frontal side of the impacted helmet
probably destroyed by the frontal impact ?

This question becomes superfluous once it has been established that
the helmet was being worn correctly at the time of the crash.

Why do you suggest this sort of thing without even taking a second to
see if you are correct?
Old May 19th 11, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 19 May 2011 02:48:24 -0700 (PDT)
Front Mech wrote:

Why do you suggest this sort of thing without even taking a second to
see if you are correct?

Because some people prefer conspiracy theories to boring old reality?

Old May 19th 11, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cchris

"cchris" wrote:

Maybe you have already seen the video with the Weylandt's accident on
the Giro. I wonder why his helmet was returned with the back side on
the front???

I wonder why you wonder that, as it's clearly not backwards.

Even more strange, we see the guys around cutting the helmet's strap
as if they would try to make us think that the helmet was in this
position during the impact. Would they try to hide the frontal side
of the impacted helmet probably destroyed by the frontal impact ?

Why would the medics care, and what would you expect a cycle helmet
to do in a collision of this magnitude anyway?

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201105/cijDuVqZt9.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xim...weylandt_sport

I am sure it is backwards. Just take a look before talking.

Old May 19th 11, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 19 May 2011 14:54:09 +0200
"cchris" wrote:

I am sure it is backwards. Just take a look before talking.

I'm sure you're mistaken.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201105/cijDuVqZt9.jpg
See the Bontrager logo (blue circle on white background) by his ear?
http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/smsimg...424068-195.jpg

Old May 19th 11, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
gary2006uk

"cchris" wrote:
I am sure it is backwards. Just take a look before talking.

I'm sure you're mistaken.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201105/cijDuVqZt9.jpg
See the Bontrager logo (blue circle on white background) by his ear?http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/smsimg...l-11bo424066-4...

it is the right way round.the inpact was so hard it pushed the helmet
up and back.beyond 12mph the helmet is not good enough,even a
motorcycling helmet would not have saved hin from a full frontal
facial impact,it would most probably have broken his neck or
decapitated him which heppens here in the uk quite often.
Old May 20th 11, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cchris

"cchris" a écrit
Maybe you have already seen the video with the Weylandt's accident on the
Giro. I wonder why his helmet was returned with the back side on the
front???

Even more strange, we see the guys around cutting the helmet's strap as if
they would try to make us think that the helmet was in this position during
the impact. Would they try to hide the frontal side of the impacted helmet
probably destroyed by the frontal impact ?

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201105/cijDuVqZt9.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xim...weylandt_sport

I am sure the helmet is backwards. The question is : was it like that during
the race or was it replaced after the impact.

Old May 20th 11, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

"cchris" a écrit

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xim...te-wouter-weyl...

I am sure the helmet is backwards. The question is : was it like that during
the race or was it replaced after the impact.

If you look on this site you will see the helmet used by this
Weylandt's team.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...hment/img_7873

If the helmet were back to front Weylandt would have had the
tightening mechanism in the middle of his face and we would see the
ventilation openings (exhaust openings, if uou like) above his face on
his forehead. All pictures on this site have the front on the right
and the rear on he left.

Weylandt's helmet was being worn correctly at the time of the
incident. There is no indication for any other conclusion.
Old May 20th 11, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 20 May 2011 08:17:17 +0200
"cchris" wrote:

I am sure the helmet is backwards. The question is : was it like that
during the race or was it replaced after the impact.

You said that before, we've already told you you're wrong - give up
already.

In a nice touch Universal is showing stage 3 of the 2010 Giro inwhich Wouter wins. Anton Berlin Racing 0 May 10th 11 02:12 AM
Wouter Weylandt dies after Giro crash --D-y Racing 4 May 9th 11 05:47 PM
Giro- Accident Jan Racing 22 May 11th 05 01:57 PM
Helmet of Certain Death Marc Brett UK 2 January 31st 05 06:16 PM
FS: Giro Pneumo Lone Star Edition helmet w/ helmet pod Robbie Brown Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 03:44 PM