Front dynamo light.

Old May 28th 07, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

Default Front dynamo light.

I have a new Union bottom bracket generator that I am considering fitting to
my Galaxy for some night riding in the future.- I might have a go at a
300km Audax before the end of summer and I'm not fast enough to complete the
distance in daylight.

Which fron light would prove to be a value for money purchase?

Please don't suggest anything that invokes the Yorkshire war cry of 'How
much???!!!'

-=V=-

Old May 28th 07, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M-gineering

vernon wrote:
I have a new Union bottom bracket generator that I am considering fitting to
my Galaxy for some night riding in the future.- I might have a go at a
300km Audax before the end of summer and I'm not fast enough to complete the
distance in daylight.

Which fron light would prove to be a value for money purchase?

Please don't suggest anything that invokes the Yorkshire war cry of 'How
much???!!!'

-=V=-

std B&M lumotec round, with a 3w bulb (how much???!! )if you opt to
run a battery powered rearlight

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl
Old May 28th 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

vernon wrote:

Which fron light would prove to be a value for money purchase?

B&M Lumotec, think it's about £15.
Lumotec Oval is generally considered a better bit of kit, and is £19.
Add about £15 to either for a standlight option, or alternatively just
get a cheap one LED white flasher for your bars to do a manual operated
variant.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old May 28th 07, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

del wrote:

DLumotec Plus, I just want to imagine you going purple ;-).

ITYM Solidlights 1203D in that case! ;-)

Pete.

Old May 28th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

B&M Lumotec, think it's about £15.

for three !

--
/Marten

Really?
where from?
TerryJ

Old May 28th 07, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

Peter Clinch twisted the electrons to say:
del wrote:
DLumotec Plus, I just want to imagine you going purple ;-).

ITYM Solidlights 1203D in that case! ;-)

Don't go for half measures now, spec the 1203DR for that extra #25 worth
of purpleness!
Old May 28th 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M-gineering

TerryJ wrote:
B&M Lumotec, think it's about £15.

for three !

--
/Marten

Really?
where from?
TerryJ

current rrp is 8.90 euro's. Note that this is the basic round version
without switch or standlight or fancy packaging. I still have old stock
for 7.95 E

Old May 28th 07, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Alistair Gunn

del wrote:
DLumotec Plus, I just want to imagine you going purple ;-).

ITYM Solidlights 1203D in that case! ;-)

Don't go for half measures now, spec the 1203DR for that extra #25 worth
of purpleness!

It's an ugly bugger, isn't it? I like the technology, but there's no way
I'm going to put a lump like that on one of my bikes!

;; Human history becomes more and more a race between
;; education and catastrophe.
H.G. Wells, "The Outline of History"
Old May 28th 07, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Simon Brooke wrote:

It's an ugly bugger, isn't it? I like the technology, but there's no way
I'm going to put a lump like that on one of my bikes!

That's not the real problem for me, it's more that it won't mount onto
the same brackets in the same space as the lamps I've got on the 'bent
and the Brom. Bah! (still, think of the money I've saved ;-))