Subway bike reviews?

Old February 26th 08, 11:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Default Subway bike reviews?

Graeme Dods wrote:
...I got a huge, used
once canvas tent there just before Christmas for a good price.

Me too! I've cut it up to use for canvas, but interestingly the roof
of it fits quite neatly on top of my Hills Hoist.

...But I
must admit, I do miss the days when you could clamber over the piles
of junk in the land fill.

Not me! I prefer having tame dumpkeepers. ;-)

BTH
Old February 26th 08, 12:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Feb 26, 8:01 pm, BT Humble wrote:
Graeme Dods wrote:
...I got a huge, used
once canvas tent there just before Christmas for a good price.

Me too! I've cut it up to use for canvas, but interestingly the roof
of it fits quite neatly on top of my Hills Hoist.

The one I got is too nice to cut up, when it cools down a little we're
off camping somewhere. It's already saved the day once -
http://gpdods.com/v-web/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=385

Not me! I prefer having tame dumpkeepers. ;-)

That conjures up visions of some affable troll dressed in reclaimed
thongs and a holey t-shirt, but perhaps that's just me

Graeme
Old February 26th 08, 10:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Graeme Dods wrote:
...I got a huge, used
once canvas tent there just before Christmas for a good price.

Me too! I've cut it up to use for canvas, but interestingly the roof
of it fits quite neatly on top of my Hills Hoist.

The one I got is too nice to cut up, when it cools down a little we're
off camping somewhere. It's already saved the day once -http://gpdods.com/v-web/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=385

Nah, the one I got only cost me $10. It's one of those old-fashioned
square "scouty" tents with no floor that used 9 poles the size of
shovel handles.
(The bag of poles, pegs and guy ropes was missing, that's why it only
cost $10).

Not me! I prefer having tame dumpkeepers. ;-)

That conjures up visions of some affable troll dressed in reclaimed
thongs and a holey t-shirt, but perhaps that's just me

Really? I was thinking more of a tweed-clad Yorkshire gamekeeper,
cracked-open double-barrelled shotgun over one arm. ;-)

BTH

BTH
Old February 26th 08, 10:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

BT Humble wrote:
Graeme Dods wrote:

The one I got is too nice to cut up, when it cools down a little
we're
off camping somewhere. It's already saved the day once
-http://gpdods.com/v-web/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=385

Nah, the one I got only cost me $10. It's one of those old-fashioned
square "scouty" tents with no floor that used 9 poles the size of
shovel handles.
(The bag of poles, pegs and guy ropes was missing, that's why it only
cost $10).

I think I've got one of those in the ccorner of the shed somewhere. Was
complete last time I saw it.

Theo

Old February 27th 08, 01:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Theo wrote:
BTHumble wrote:
Graeme Dods wrote:
The one I got is too nice to cut up, when it cools down a little
we're
off camping somewhere. It's already saved the day once
-http://gpdods.com/v-web/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=385

Nah, the one I got only cost me $10. It's one of those old-fashioned
square "scouty" tents with no floor that used 9 poles the size of
shovel handles.
(The bag of poles, pegs and guy ropes was missing, that's why it only
cost $10).

I think I've got one of those in the ccorner of the shed somewhere. Was
complete last time I saw it.

Theo

If you need a spare roof for it, let me know. ;-)

BTH
Old February 27th 08, 08:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

Graeme Dods wrote:
...I got a huge, used
once canvas tent there just before Christmas for a good price.

Me too! I've cut it up to use for canvas, but interestingly the roof
of it fits quite neatly on top of my Hills Hoist.

The one I got is too nice to cut up, when it cools down a little we're
off camping somewhere. It's already saved the day once -
http://gpdods.com/v-web/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=385

Not me! I prefer having tame dumpkeepers. ;-)

That conjures up visions of some affable troll dressed in reclaimed
thongs and a holey t-shirt, but perhaps that's just me

Awfully close to reality at a couple of tips I've been to.

Old February 28th 08, 02:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Feb 27, 6:33 am, wrote:
Nah, it's as Graeme describes. The piles of landfill are reduced
these days anyway since everything has to go via the recycling centre
first. There's big skips full of broken steel things, broken timber
things and boring cardboard. I eyed off the steel and timber skips
last time I was there but there was nothing worth taking.

The tip I got the tent from has a section for the recycling of plastic
garden chairs, kids' toys etc. I spotted a rather knackered looking
Rhode Gear child seat it the pile. I also spied the still attached,
good condition Blackburn rack which had supported it. The rack is now
in my shed awaiting attachment whenever I can find at least one round
tuit.

Graeme
Old March 9th 08, 10:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Thomas Houseman

"Thomas Houseman"
thomashouseman@HomailHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWE NVIRUS.com wrote in
message ...
So anyone got a Subway bike delivered yet?

How are they?

Cheap and nasty or value for money?

Do they need assembling? Come with tools? What's required?

Cheers,

T.

Thanks for the replies... even if a lot went offtopic

T.