Fromalls Street, Toowoomba

Old March 8th 08, 12:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Cremasco

Default Fromalls Street, Toowoomba

To the tosspot who decided it'd be fun to string baling twine across the
road on Fromalls Street last night - think how much fun it would be,
serving time for recklessly endangering human life. You WILL get caught,
sunshine - and you'd better hope it's the police, not the neighbours.
Old March 9th 08, 02:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Skewer[_2_]

Peter Cremasco wrote:
To the tosspot who decided it'd be fun to string baling twine across the
road on Fromalls Street last night - think how much fun it would be,
serving time for recklessly endangering human life. You WILL get caught,
sunshine - and you'd better hope it's the police, not the neighbours.

Pete.C

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...t,+Toowoom ba

From Google Maps the street doesn't look like it's a shortcut to
anywhere in particular. The eastern part even end in a court.

So, unless the numbnut who set it was trying to hurt some local
miscreant (on a trail bike?) who uses that street regularly, I'd be
looking at one of the neighbors (probably their kids).

Did you consider letterboxing all the houses near the trap? Include a
sample of the twine, pointing out the danger it presented and asking
them to make a point of raising the danger to their offspring.

I did a similar thing when there was an explosion of teenagers on
"monkey bikes" on my street. Letterboxing a copy of a police advisory
pointing out the illegality of the bikes (and the charges that could be
laid) saw them disappear from the area within a month.
--
Pete.B

Old March 9th 08, 12:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Campagenstein

"Peter Cremasco" wrote in message
To the tosspot who decided it'd be fun to string baling twine across the
road on Fromalls Street last night - think how much fun it would be,
serving time for recklessly endangering human life. You WILL get caught,
sunshine - and you'd better hope it's the police, not the neighbours.

This has to be one of the deadliest pranks I have ever heard of. In fact, I
refuse to believe that this was done without considering the consequences.

That is a guerilla-type tactic and should be reported to the police as it
was pure malice aforethought.

What I really would not like to see is this practice made public - idiots
everywhere may want to rush out and try it because a cyclist slowed them
down once.

Scary stuff - I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly.

C-stein.

PS one and all - I used to post questions here a year or so ago and the
regulars here helped me refurbish my old Apollo into "Campagenstein" and
it has been going very well since so I feel gratitude to the contributors to
this group daily as I ride to work. Thanks again to you all.

C.

Old March 10th 08, 09:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Cremasco

Skewer wrote:
Peter Cremasco wrote:
To the tosspot who decided it'd be fun to string baling twine across
the road on Fromalls Street last night - think how much fun it would
be, serving time for recklessly endangering human life. You WILL get
caught, sunshine - and you'd better hope it's the police, not the
neighbours.

Pete.C

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...t,+Toowoom ba

From Google Maps the street doesn't look like it's a shortcut to
anywhere in particular. The eastern part even end in a court.

So, unless the numbnut who set it was trying to hurt some local
miscreant (on a trail bike?) who uses that street regularly, I'd be
looking at one of the neighbors (probably their kids).

Did you consider letterboxing all the houses near the trap? Include a
sample of the twine, pointing out the danger it presented and asking
them to make a point of raising the danger to their offspring.

I did a similar thing when there was an explosion of teenagers on
"monkey bikes" on my street. Letterboxing a copy of a police advisory
pointing out the illegality of the bikes (and the charges that could be
laid) saw them disappear from the area within a month.
--

I hadn't thought about the letterbox drop idea. It has merit.

Local constabulary was informed, but all they could do was record it for
future reference.
Old March 10th 08, 10:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 12:13:22 GMT, "Campagenstein"
wrote:

What I really would not like to see is this practice made public - idiots
everywhere may want to rush out and try it

Canberra: The Bill depicted (very badly) two moto bandits being
hijacked via rope strung across the street, followed by cycling emails
of ropes across the paths. When it was repeated, the same again.

TooWooMba uni_david Unicycling 1 May 29th 07 04:32 PM
Street Revolution: Death of Big Street? litldude2 Unicycling 1 June 7th 06 06:42 PM
New street & freestyle movie - Street As TonyMelton Unicycling 36 October 4th 05 03:11 AM
street riders what are you riding on and what do you think makes a good street uni? redhead Unicycling 16 August 7th 05 07:11 PM
Toowoomba to Brisbane Adrian Cook Australia 2 September 23rd 04 10:05 AM