Cipo is in the Tour

Old February 27th 04, 03:09 PM
Jeff Jones

Default Cipo is in the Tour

Surprise, surprise!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...b04/feb27news3

Jeff

Old February 27th 04, 03:21 PM
Robert Chung

Jeff Jones wrote:
Surprise, surprise!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...b04/feb27news3

Holy cow.

Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over:
Bankgiroloterij
Chocolade Jacques
Denardi
Lampre
Landbouwkrediet
Palmans
Milaneza
Relax-Bodysol
Saunier Duval
Vini Caldirola

Old February 27th 04, 03:25 PM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

It's ridiculous.
He has used 'we only take Div I teams' as an agument in the past.

Maybe Cipo will have revenge by smilingly fainting an injury and leave
the honor to his teammates.

BTW the team relegated on paperwork. With riders like eg. Scarponi they
were a worthy Div I team even with a subpar Cipo.

Old February 27th 04, 03:35 PM
SMMB

"Robert Chung" a écrit dans le message de :
Jeff Jones wrote:
Surprise, surprise!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...b04/feb27news3

Holy cow.

Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over:

Bankgiroloterij
Saunier Duval
Vini Caldirola

These three, you claim were hijacked, did not even ask to participate !
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

Old February 27th 04, 04:18 PM
JTN

its a retirement send off party......
he is one of the best sprinters ever.....

Old February 27th 04, 04:32 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:21:47 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
Here are the Division I teams who got jumped over:
Chocolade Jacques
Landbouwkrediet
Palmans
Relax-Bodysol

I sense stricter border controls emerging in southern Belgium.
Old February 27th 04, 04:57 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article , jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com
says...
Surprise, surprise!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...b04/feb27news3

I would say this came a year too late. Last year he probably would have
put on a better show, so to speak. This year I wonder if he still has
it in him.
--------------------
Alex

Old February 27th 04, 05:05 PM
Bob Schwartz

JTN wrote:
its a retirement send off party......
he is one of the best sprinters ever.....

"Jeff Jones" jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com wrote in message
Surprise, surprise!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...b04/feb27news3

Jeff

It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and
he is letting this cloud his better judgement. This relationship
is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.

Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than
capable of playing the jester in Duke Jean-Marie's palace.

Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is
forbidden by the outraged Duke, and she is banished.

This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe
one or two characters will be left to wail in grief. Cipo will
be on the beach before the second act begins.

Bob Schwartz

Old February 27th 04, 05:55 PM
Dan Connelly

Bob Schwartz wrote:
It is no such thing. Leblanc is clearly a fan of the opera, and
he is letting this cloud his better judgement. This relationship
is cursed. It can only end in tragedy and death.

Cipo's abilities as a sprinter are fading, but he is more than
capable of playing the jester in Duke Jean-Marie's palace.

Petacchi is the assassin. Gilda is a podium babe. Her love is
forbidden by the outraged Duke, and she is banished.

This relationship is cursed. Everybody dies in the end. Maybe
one or two characters will be left to wail in grief. Cipo will
be on the beach before the second act begins.

Cipo will avoid the carnage by stating his goal is to finish.
Winning stages? Been there, done that. This year, he wants to prove
LeBlanc's decisions of the past 4 years have been invalid. Meanwhile,
Pettachi will be the one on the beach, as last year. Once he's gone,
Cipo will have his chances.

Dan