Biking travel Insurance

Old April 20th 11, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther

Default Biking travel Insurance

So,
i have done all the normal pre planning for my 2011 Tour.

It has been a little bit different this year since I am getting older --
aging really does get quicker in later years.
But my ferry Hull- Rotterdam has been booked (from mid january 20% off).

I booked my trasn from Rotterdam Centraal to Berlin Hauptbahnhoff on
saturday last -- by phone with DB Bahn since the internet would not let me
book with my bike ( cos in the Netherlands section bikes travel free). It
was an interesting conversation with the german operator! I am fairly fluent
in German but it always takes me a couple of days to get "on net". So the
basic request for my tickets was easy and my credit card etails were also
easy.

But ---- when it came to giving my name and address it became quite
hilarious! it was just that when I tried ot spell my name and address I had
forgotten how to say various letters in German.

we say "ee" for "e"

in german the sound "ee" means an "i".

So there i was saying "ee" as in Eva not "ee" as in Ikea ( they call it
"eekia")

But it was a nice experience since both of us fell about laughing as we
arranged it all.

So I was quite pleased when this morning my tickets arrived addressed to

Trewer Panter" ( goodness knows how you say an "h" in german! and i forgot
about the "Vay" und double vay ---- v and w)
and Doncaster came out as "Donchester"

So , as I said it was a bit of an hilarous affair --

but we managed to get the post code and the name and number of my street
correct!

And anyway it actually got here and is right!

So thats my travel to Berlin sorted. Men Berliner freunde know I am coming
(Oops already getting attuned to Deutscher sprache!)

My bike is in for a serious work invilving a new rim on the rear wheel --
and a new chain while it is being done.

All my spares and tools are up to date ( i carry a spare tube for both my
bike wheels and my trailer wheels.

my My med kit has got it renewed elstoplasts and the v important anti septic
spray ( i have used the same antiseptic spry fo the lar 10 years -- noth
the same spray. I renew it eacj year but it is fantastic for minor cut and
hurts that occur on hands and feet .

i think I have actually covered everything

EXCEPT

Travel insurance. It has become hard this year -- the price for a single
trip insurance without "medical changes" has gone up by 50% this year.

But I have had medical investigations in the last 8 months ----- all said
"you are very well for your age" but insurance goes "gaga" once you talke
medical. I am right into that now. Today is my "setting up my travel
insurance" day. The fact that i have used the same company for 5 years makes
no difference at all.

I first met the problem at 65 and then at 70 and -- well can you imagine
get travel insurnce for a 74 year old man on a bicyle!

Actually i think that the risk is far high of me dying at home rather than
when I am out on my velo!

Gott in himmel! Mon Dieu! El handu lillah!

So all I have to do is cycle to Hull, cycle from Europort ot Rotterdam, then
avoid being over entertained by my Berliner friends ---- and then start
having my real holiday!

Too long. Too rambling ----- nothing new then!

--
From
Trevor A Panther

Old April 20th 11, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_10_]

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
[...]

A bulk pack of condoms. You never know, you might meet some nice ladies on
your travels!;-)

You sound like a very organised bloke Trevor.

Old April 20th 11, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_5_]

On 20/04/2011 14:12, Trevor A Panther wrote:
So all I have to do is cycle to Hull, cycle from Europort ot Rotterdam, then
avoid being over entertained by my Berliner friends ---- and then start
having my real holiday!

Waiting to hear all about it...

Bike travel insurance DeF Australia 3 January 5th 06 10:24 PM
CTC travel insurance. iakobski UK 5 April 27th 05 04:11 PM
Business Travel Bike Insurance [Not Responding] UK 5 November 17th 04 01:39 PM
Travel Insurance for bikes. Any help? Dene Wilby UK 1 August 11th 04 09:49 AM
Travel Insurance Steve Pells UK 4 June 7th 04 11:26 PM