nice deal on a V2 (not mine)

Old August 27th 03, 06:21 AM
Joshua Goldberg

Default nice deal on a V2 (not mine)

Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/

It says the bent was build up from a frameset.

Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for
$850.00 a few months ago...this may have been one of them.
Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2 would easily
put it over $1500.00 completed.
***************************************
"rich westerman" wrote in message
s.com...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2592&category=
7298

Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes
available. High dollar too I imagine.
Wondering about the color?

nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently

seen
some cautionary posts here regarding them.
btw, is that a stock RANS color?

rich V2

Old August 27th 03, 01:01 PM
harryo

"rich westerman" wrote in message ws.com...

nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently seen
some cautionary posts here regarding them.
btw, is that a stock RANS color?

I am not sure what the cautions are that you heard about hydraulic
brakes but I will tell you that the Magura Louise brakes, which I have
used for the past 2 1/2 years, are the most trouble free, best
performing brakes that I have ever used. If you are referring to a
line rupture, it just doesn't happen and I would be willing to bet
that it is less likely to happen than a cable failure.

Harry Jiles

Old August 27th 03, 03:44 PM
skip

"Joshua Goldberg" wrote in message
.. .
Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/

It says the bent was build up from a frameset.

Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for
$850.00 a few months ago...this may have been one of them.
Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2 would easily
put it over $1500.00 completed.
***************************************

The bike was a steal at $950. Somebody got a real deal.

skip

Old August 27th 03, 10:04 PM
Mike Nelson

"rich westerman" wrote in message ws.com...

"the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values
or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized
violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never
do." Samuel P. Huntington, Harvard Professor and author.

What a load of crap! Is this guy seriously trying to say "the West" is
morally inferior to, what, such peace-loving non-westerners as Pol
Pot, Ghengis Khan, Momar Khadaffi, Emperor Hirohito, Kim Jong-il,
Yassar Arafat?

Is it now the norm to be a celebrated professor at a major university
and be an absolute idiot?

M. Nelson

Old August 28th 03, 06:20 AM
Ken Kobayashi

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:24:19 -0500, MLB
wrote:
"rich westerman" wrote in
ws.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2592&category=
7298

Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes
available. High dollar too I imagine.

Hey, this is an auction. The price will go up from "great deal" to
"reasonable" in no time. (And sometimes higher...)

Anyway I've never seen a disc-brake equipped V2. If one wanted to do a
similar modification, what's the best method? Would one need to get
the mounts brazed to the frame by a frame builder, or are there other
options?

Ken

Ken Kobayashi

http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/