MZ Comp 100mm: Would u do 4ft drops with it onto flat?

Old October 8th 04, 02:17 AM
Nel Brooks

Default MZ Comp 100mm: Would u do 4ft drops with it onto flat?

Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you weighed
about 180lb like me?

Old October 8th 04, 04:27 AM
Dan

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you

weighed
about 180lb like me?

Nup, I wouldn't. Jumping onto flat? I assume you mean some sort of sealed
/ paved surface too?

Old October 8th 04, 09:12 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you

weighed
about 180lb like me?

Yes, get on with it and stop mincing about asking questions. People have
always ridden bikes off stuff, its the law of ****ingaboutonbikes. We used
to mess about on bikes with crappy rigid forks, then rockshox quadras with
about 50mm of travel and flexy as a wet noodle. When the rockshox Judy DH
came out with a stonking 80mm of travel we thought it was indestructible.

D'ya think Rob Warner wondered whether he should race DH on a POS marzocchi
xc fork, no he just got on with it.
http://j-harris.net/bike/steve/rw1.jpg

Steve.
..
..
(Don't blame me if it breaks)

Old October 8th 04, 12:56 PM
Michael Dart

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you

weighed
about 180lb like me?

So when did Pinkbike.com open a portal to a.m-b? ;^)

Mike

Old October 8th 04, 06:11 PM
JD

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message m...
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you weighed
about 180lb like me?

How about you test that notion out for us all and then let us know how
everything turns out?

JD
Old October 8th 04, 08:10 PM
fooriders

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you

weighed
about 180lb like me?

So when did Pinkbike.com open a portal to a.m-b? ;^)

We're not quite Pinkbike, but fooriders.com is "working" on getting a Usenet
interface to the site. I say "working" because I'm still debugging the
posting mechanism to make sure the headers are built up properly, but if
anyone's interested in giving feedback while it's under development I
welcome it. Check it out at:

http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/ind...file=index&c=6

IMHO, my implementation will be one of the most usable browser-based
interface to Usenet (once it's completed).

Anyways, back to the topic for the original poster... Yeah - you shouldn't
have any problem with a 100mm of travel. The wall in this video is around 4
feet high, and the bike is just a crappy rigid singlespeed. ;-)

http://www.fooriders.com/uploaded/videos/rigiddrop.mpg

Keep it crankin'!
Tam Pham
http://www.fooriders.com
http://www.singlespeed.net

Old October 8th 04, 10:34 PM
Michael Dart

"Nel Brooks" wrote in message
Would you do 4ft drops onto flat with the MZ Comp 100mm fork, if you

weighed
about 180lb like me?

So when did Pinkbike.com open a portal to a.m-b? ;^)

We're not quite Pinkbike, but fooriders.com is "working" on getting a

Usenet
interface to the site. I say "working" because I'm still debugging the
posting mechanism to make sure the headers are built up properly, but if
anyone's interested in giving feedback while it's under development I
welcome it. Check it out at:

http://www.fooriders.com/webmain/ind...file=index&c=6

IMHO, my implementation will be one of the most usable browser-based
interface to Usenet (once it's completed).

I'm sure your posters will be warmly received. ;^)

Old October 8th 04, 11:15 PM
bri719

Michael Dart wrote:

I'm sure your posters will be warmly received. ;^)

bwahaha...

let's just say I'm a regular of an alt-sports newsgroup where this has
been tried. luckily it doesnt get the kind of traffic it used to at the
moment or it could have been plenty ugly. half of the messages so far
have been of the "what is this? what is this? what is this?" variety
(yes the same people, repetitively). if someone's gonna plop their
website lusers onto another segment of the 'net, you'd think they might
post *some* kind of FAQ....something, anything.

b.

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old October 8th 04, 11:28 PM
fooriders

"bri719" wrote in message
Michael Dart wrote:

I'm sure your posters will be warmly received. ;^)

bwahaha...

if someone's gonna plop their website lusers onto another segment of the
'net, you'd think they might post *some* kind of FAQ....something,
anything.

The site's ability to post to Usenet isn't enabled yet... thus no current
info in the way of a FAQ. Usenet access (as is a lot of the site) is still
under development and only _my_ posts actually propagate to Usenet at this
time. If it becomes neccessary in the future, the site also has the ability
to ban/allow specific users to the Usenet functionality, so hopefully I've
got it covered. Thanks for the comments, though.

Old October 8th 04, 11:36 PM
Shawn

fooriders wrote:

http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm