Too much spoke tension! link to picture included

Old May 17th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Cafin8

Default Too much spoke tension! link to picture included

Dont do what I did (too much spoke tension) I took a picture of what can
happen. I did crash but was wearing a helmet, that and my backback took
brunt of fall, so no real injuries.

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/f...nkentbike2.jpg

Ced
Old May 17th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On May 16, 8:30 pm, Cafin8 wrote:
Dont do what I did (too much spoke tension) I took a picture of what can
happen. I did crash but was wearing a helmet, that and my backback took
brunt of fall, so no real injuries.

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/f...nkentbike2.jpg

Ced

Don't you know that wheel failure is linked to helmet use?

It's all explained over at rec.uk.cycling.bozos

Pay attention!

Old May 17th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Alex

On May 16, 9:30 pm, Cafin8 wrote:
Dont do what I did (too much spoke tension) I took a picture of what can
happen. I did crash but was wearing a helmet, that and my backback took
brunt of fall, so no real injuries.

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/f...nkentbike2.jpg

did the wheel collapse before or after your crash?
----------------
Alex

Old May 17th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 16, 9:30 pm, Cafin8 wrote:
Dont do what I did (too much spoke tension) I took a picture of what can
happen. I did crash but was wearing a helmet, that and my backback took
brunt of fall, so no real injuries.

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/f...nkentbike2.jpg

Ced

drive side tension is higher than non-drive, your wheel bent non-drive
side; I think the nipples are the wrong guage for the spokes, meaning
not enough thread holding the spoke which pulled loose at the top
causing the wheel to collapse as it did when it came round. it caused
your crash. alum nipples maybe ?

Spoke Tension Unicorn Unicycling 21 February 26th 07 07:04 AM
Spoke tension [email protected] Techniques 112 November 23rd 06 07:45 PM
please post a link or picture of Moab shirt Barb Unicycling 1 April 25th 06 01:32 AM
Spoke Tension Bill Techniques 3 August 24th 05 02:07 PM
spoke gauge/spoke tension relation.... [email protected] Techniques 12 January 23rd 05 12:30 AM