Rear fender mount suggestions

Old November 15th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Plano Dude

Default Rear fender mount suggestions

I'm attaching a set of SKS fenders to my older cyclocross bike. All is
good except that the frame doesn't have a chainstay bridge so there
isn't anywhere to attach the front of the rear fender.

Any suggestions?
Old November 15th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Plano Dude wrote:
I'm attaching a set of SKS fenders to my older cyclocross bike. All is
good except that the frame doesn't have a chainstay bridge so there
isn't anywhere to attach the front of the rear fender.

My winter bike's mudguard is attached at the seat tube 80mm
above the missing chainstay bridge.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 15th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/14/2011 6:53 PM, Plano Dude wrote:
I'm attaching a set of SKS fenders to my older cyclocross bike. All is
good except that the frame doesn't have a chainstay bridge so there
isn't anywhere to attach the front of the rear fender.

Any suggestions?

1. http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='3242-00'
around the seat tube.

2. Look for the proper size conduit clamp that will fit around the seat
tube. http://i5.quinbyhardware.com/1731256.jpg.

Cover it with black (or whatever color) heat shrink tubing as it is not
stainless.
Old November 16th 11, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I solved that problem on my Redline Conquest Tour bike. No chainstay
mount for the fender. So I wrapped 12 gauge electrical wire around
the chainstays, going between the two stays. Then wrapped a wire
through the hole in the fender and around the crossing wire. Held the
fender just fine for about 5 years now.