Tour of California - Training Only

Old February 19th 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default Tour of California - Training Only

http://www.racereports.procyclingpre...interview.html

What is your goal for the Tour of California?

FC: Training. I want to do miles and spend more hours on the bike. My
condition is surely not the best, and I won’t go to the limit at all
times to show some results. I will be here to help the team as much as I
can, but it’s not the World Championships or a ProTour race – though I
hope it will become one! They have the wide roads, good organizing and
the people on the road – more than in some European races!

Thanks,

Magilla
Old February 19th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bjorn

On Feb 19, 2:51 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.racereports.procyclingpre...ncellarainterv...

What is your goal for the Tour of California?

FC: Training. I want to do miles and spend more hours on the bike. My
condition is surely not the best, and I won't go to the limit at all
times to show some results. I will be here to help the team as much as I
can, but it's not the World Championships or a ProTour race - though I
hope it will become one! They have the wide roads, good organizing and
the people on the road - more than in some European races!

Thanks,

Magilla

Yes, Cancellara said he mostly wants to train and help the team. He
was looking forward to the prologue in the rain bow colors.

But as the press conf indicates (http://www.procyclingpress.com/
racereports/tofcali07/tofcali07-cscpressconfreport.html), CSC as a
team does take it more serious than just a training race. Just not as
high a priority as Discovery.

bjorn

Old February 19th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

bjorn wrote:

[...]

Those days of multi-million dollar sponsorships for a U.S. sponsored
Euro team are gone now that Lance is retired.

The current roster Discovery has lacks gravitas.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old February 19th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Those days of multi-million dollar sponsorships for a U.S. sponsored
Euro team are gone now that Lance is retired.

The current roster Discovery has lacks gravitas.

Do you mean Gravlax? They certainly don't look it.

Old February 19th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 19, 12:39 pm, "RicodJour" wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Those days of multi-million dollar sponsorships for a U.S. sponsored
Euro team are gone now that Lance is retired.

The current roster Discovery has lacks gravitas.

Do you mean Gravlax? They certainly don't look it.

this BMC rider has gravitas

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ia070/RMO_2079