US driver jailed for 5 years for assaulting cyclists

Old January 9th 10, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default US driver jailed for 5 years for assaulting cyclists

If only we had such sentences meted out in the UK, there may be fewer cases
of cyclists being abused and bullied on our roads.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...sentenced.html

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old January 9th 10, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On 9 Jan, 18:51, "Simon Mason" wrote:
If only we had such sentences meted out in the UK, there may be fewer cases
of cyclists being abused and bullied on our roads.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...sentenced.html

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Yeah! I read it, a bunch of cyclists behave like ****s repeatedly,
provoke a reaction with over the top consequences I hope they feel
proud of themselves, without their persistant lawbreaking and taunting
the event would not have happened.

I hope one of them needs a trauma doctor in emergency care and there
isn't one available because they had him jailed. Perfectly decent and
useful man locked up because of ****s, I wish him success in his
appeal.
Old January 9th 10, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 9 Jan, 19:25, NM wrote:
On 9 Jan, 18:51, "Simon Mason" wrote:

If only we had such sentences meted out in the UK, there may be fewer cases
of cyclists being abused and bullied on our roads.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...sentenced.html

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Yeah! I read it, a bunch of cyclists behave like ****s repeatedly,
provoke a reaction with over the top consequences I hope they feel
proud of themselves, without their persistant lawbreaking and taunting
the event would not have happened.

I hope one of them needs a trauma doctor in emergency care and there
isn't one available because they had him jailed. Perfectly decent and
useful man locked up because of ****s, I wish him success in his
appeal.

Interesting. However, you are the man who thinks that a motorist
"entering from the main road by turning right, after allowed the
crossing pedestrians right of way she then pulled forward to enter the
street, at the last moment she spotted a cyclist, who had right of way
being on the main road" is blameless for the resulting collision.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....56fcfb76245c6c

Not only that, but the voices tell you that the cyclist wrote and
apologised to the driver.

I think I'll take everything you say with a council gritter load of
salt.
Old January 9th 10, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....m/thread/2de08...

Not only that, but the voices tell you that the cyclist wrote and
apologised to the driver.

I think I'll take everything you say with a council gritter load of
salt.

Apparently these days that gritter may be rather empty.
Old January 9th 10, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On 9 Jan, 19:51, BrianW wrote:
On 9 Jan, 19:25, NM wrote:

[...]

**** off yopu inbreed, your comments and opinions are worhtless, you
have been told repeatedly you were wrong and how to acertain the facts
yourself but it keeps eating you hence it keeps getting dragged up,
Get over it, you were wrong. (Go and get drunk and spot some trains in
the snow, give us all rest).
Old January 9th 10, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 9 Jan, 20:09, NM wrote:
On 9 Jan, 19:51, BrianW wrote:

On 9 Jan, 19:25, NM wrote:

[...]

"Aaarrrgggghhh!!! I am so angry, angry, angry, angry...
AArrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm so bitter...
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhh!!!!!!! I'm so twisted...
I'm going to pound on the keys of a computer...
I'm going to type what the voices in my head say...
Yes, I hate them, hate them all...
All those people capable of expressing themselves...
I really hate the ones who make me look stupid...
That's all of them...
Hate. Hate. HATE!
Hang on, no it's coming. I can do it this time, I know what I want
to say. I want to say how much I hate Brian. I want to say what I
want to do to Brian. How much I want to hurt him.
And I can do it. This time I can do it and not make myself look an
idiot.

Right, here we are, keyboard. Relax. Listen to my inner voice. Type:

"**** off yopu inbreed, your comments and opinions are worhtless, you
have been told repeatedly you were wrong and how to acertain the facts
yourself but it keeps eating you hence it keeps getting dragged up,
Get over it, you were wrong. (Go and get drunk and spot some trains in
the snow, give us all rest)."

[SEND]

Oh ****, oh no, what have I done! I didn't mean to send it **** ****
**** **** I'll look stupid again, ****!"

(with apologies to Steve Firth)
Old January 9th 10, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman

Simon Mason wrote:
If only we had such sentences meted out in the UK, there may be fewer
cases of cyclists being abused and bullied on our roads.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...sentenced.html

Half the story as usual.

"He and other Mandeville Canyon residents were upset that some cyclists rode
dangerously and acted disrespectfully toward residents and motorists along
the street, a popular route for bike riders. On the day of the crash,
Thompson said he was driving down the road on his way to work when several
cyclists swore at him and flipped him off as he called on them to ride
single file. He said he stopped his car to take a photo to identify the
riders and never intended to hurt anyone".

Clearly a case of deliberate provocation by the cyclists.

Why didn't the police act to protect the residents from dangerous &
disrespectful cyclists?

"The case against Thompson, 60, has drawn close scrutiny from bicycle riders
around the country, many of whom viewed the outcome as a test of the justice
system's commitment to protecting cyclists. Millington said he did not
take into account more than 270 e-mails and letters from cyclists that were
filed with the court urging a tough sentence".

More lycra louts trying to put pressure on the authorities in order to
promote their cause. The judge claims hid did not take into account more
than 270 e-mails and letters, but he obviously bowed to the pressure.

A clear miscarriage of justice.

--
Dave - the small piece of 14th century armour used to protect the armpit.

Old January 9th 10, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Simon Mason wrote:

If only we had such sentences meted out in the UK, there may be fewer
cases of cyclists being abused and bullied on our roads.

How many cases are there?

(Assault, I mean.)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...sentenced.html

Old January 10th 10, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On 9 Jan, 21:37, BrianW wrote:

The usual crap

Yawn.

Old January 10th 10, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 9 Jan, 21:50, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Even though he was a repeat offender? He'd tried the braking trick
before. Still no point in telling you, you wouldn't blame him if he
had murdered them.