Ultra Light Low Maintenence Inner Tube

Old August 14th 20, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Ultra Light Low Maintenence Inner Tube

However home brew this may be I'm not going to try it (I hope).

Place the Mylar around the rim, smear the latex sealant on it and glue a really thin 0.3 mm thick latex film inner tube to the Mylar.

About half way up ("up" meaning toward the hub) the sidewalls there's very little flexing in a properly inflated tire so the Mylar will not crinkle and release air.

Then glue / vulcanize the tread side of the tube (the other half of the tube) to the tire.

The tire blocks the air on the tread side and the Mylar blocks leakage on the rim side.

Maybe pump up 3 times / year!

Bret "bad knees" Cahill

Old August 14th 20, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 14/08/20 5:38 pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
However home brew this may be I'm not going to try it (I hope).

Place the Mylar around the rim, smear the latex sealant on it and glue a really thin 0.3 mm thick latex film inner tube to the Mylar.

About half way up ("up" meaning toward the hub) the sidewalls there's very little flexing in a properly inflated tire so the Mylar will not crinkle and release air.

Then glue / vulcanize the tread side of the tube (the other half of the tube) to the tire.

The tire blocks the air on the tread side and the Mylar blocks leakage on the rim side.

Maybe pump up 3 times / year!

Bret "bad knees" Cahill

At last something practical about bicycling, rather than endless posts
about everyone else is out to smash bicyclists and whose fault it is --
etc etc etc.
Old August 15th 20, 03:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 21:35:27 +1200
Peter Keller wrote:

At last something practical about bicycling,

Did you understand that? It seemed fairly nonsensical to me; some sort
of high hassle quotient even if it did work tubeless arrangement
perhaps?