Time ATAC cleat angle grind/file

Old December 16th 04, 08:37 PM
Bill

Default Time ATAC cleat angle grind/file

My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time ATAC
cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time cleat to
increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
Bill Brannon

Old December 16th 04, 09:35 PM
The Caretaker ...

Bill composed the following ...
My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time cleat
to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
Bill Brannon

Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?

Just a thought.

--
The Caretaker.

Old December 16th 04, 10:14 PM
Bill

"The Caretaker ..." wrote in message
Bill composed the following ...
My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time

cleat
to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
Bill Brannon

Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?

Just a thought.

--
The Caretaker.

No rotational adjustment is available, only fore and aft. I can torque it
around a degree or two but not enough.

Old December 17th 04, 11:21 PM
NeauDL

Speedgoat.com has Time cleats which have been filed to alter them slightly.
This modification might be helpful.

LDLide
Old December 18th 04, 01:39 PM
Bill

"NeauDL" wrote in message
Speedgoat.com has Time cleats which have been filed to alter them

slightly.
This modification might be helpful.

LDLide

Thanks, I just printed a large copy and am heading to the basement for a
little fine tuning with the Dremel.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...=240&brand=255
Bill

Old December 18th 04, 01:51 PM
dianne_1234

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:14:38 GMT, "Bill" wrote:

"The Caretaker ..." wrote in message
Bill composed the following ...
My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time

cleat
to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
Bill Brannon

Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?

Just a thought.

--
The Caretaker.

No rotational adjustment is available, only fore and aft. I can torque it
around a degree or two but not enough.

I solved a similar problem by splitting the nut plate in the shoe. I
took out the nut plate, hack sawed right down the middle, then
replaced the two halves back in the shoe. Now I can adjust the cleat
angle a little.

Old December 23rd 04, 03:09 PM
Bill

"Jason Medeiros" wrote in message

Thanks, I just printed a large copy and am heading to the basement for a
little fine tuning with the Dremel.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...=240&brand=255
Bill

did it work?

jmed

Yep, worked great. I did not relieve any of the rear capture tab. Release
was not a problem. I removed a little of the material on the front right
and rear left and that gave me the additional right foot heel out I needed.
Thanks.

Also, I really liked diane_1234's suggestion about splitting the plate with
a hacksaw. Unfortunately this pair of shoes does not have access to the
plate. My old, and to small, ones did.
bill

Old December 23rd 04, 05:19 PM
Bill

"Bill" wrote in message

"Jason Medeiros" wrote in message

Thanks, I just printed a large copy and am heading to the basement for

little fine tuning with the Dremel.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...=240&brand=255
Bill

did it work?

jmed

Yep, worked great. I did not relieve any of the rear capture tab. Release
was not a problem. I removed a little of the material on the front right
and rear left and that gave me the additional right foot heel out I

needed.

Oops, got the left and right swaped. Material came off the front left and
the rear right to get the left heel rotated further out. Bill