Kestrel Talon road bike

Old December 8th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_2_]

Default Kestrel Talon road bike

I am think of a Kestrel Talon road bike it seems like decent deal with
what I am looking for. Road bike in CF and has a 53/39 crank looks like
a sweet bike wonder if anyone out in the newsgroup has ridden one? Has
exactly what I am looking for with specs and just cannot get one like
this anywhere near a LBS. If any of you have taken one for a ride I
would be curious I have read the reviews but this group sometimes stays
on track.
--
Deacon Mark Cleary
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church
Old December 8th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Dec 7, 6:14 pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I am think of a Kestrel Talon road bike it seems like decent deal with
what I am looking for. Road bike in CF and has a 53/39 crank looks like
a sweet bike wonder if anyone out in the newsgroup has ridden one? Has
exactly what I am looking for with specs and just cannot get one like
this anywhere near a LBS. If any of you have taken one for a ride I
would be curious I have read the reviews but this group sometimes stays
on track.

Sorry, I have never ridden any carbon fiber bike (though I think I can
sort of imagine what it might feel like), and I know this isn't what
you wanted to hear:

I recommend a trip to the city with every kind of bike under the sun.
Ride them all. Reflect on the experience for a week or two, then do
it again (maybe another city this time - with different colored
bikes). Maybe do this a lot. Maybe bring your own wheels and tires
along and ask if you can test ride with those (for reference).
Eventually you'll get a bike under you that leaves no doubt.

Old December 8th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Dec 7, 7:14*pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I am think of a Kestrel Talon road bike it seems like decent deal with
what I am looking for. Road bike in CF and has a 53/39 crank looks like
a sweet bike wonder if anyone out in the newsgroup has ridden one? Has
exactly what I am looking for with specs and just cannot get one like
this anywhere near a LBS. If any of you have taken one for a ride I
would be curious I have read the reviews but this group sometimes stays
on track.
--
Deacon Mark Cleary * * * * * * *
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church

I have worked on a few and test ridden them after working on them and
they are fine. As long as it fits you, I think it would be a fine rig.
Old December 9th 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil H

On Dec 8, 5:53*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Dec 7, 7:14*pm, Mark Cleary wrote:

I am think of a Kestrel Talon road bike it seems like decent deal with
what I am looking for. Road bike in CF and has a 53/39 crank looks like
a sweet bike wonder if anyone out in the newsgroup has ridden one? Has
exactly what I am looking for with specs and just cannot get one like
this anywhere near a LBS. If any of you have taken one for a ride I
would be curious I have read the reviews but this group sometimes stays
on track.
--
Deacon Mark Cleary * * * * * * *
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church

After giving away my TT bike to my son, I relented my "not needed any
more" stance and bought the TT version. What can I say, its a bargain
for what I paid and rides as solid as a rock and looks sharp. Now I
need to shave 30 seconds off my 40k time to get under the hour again
(I'm 60).

Phil H
Old December 10th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Deacon Mark, may I respectfully suggest that you pray that God teach
you what is a complete sentence; how to avoid run-on sentences; and
how to use periods after each complete sentence.

That way my brain won't hurt when I read what you write.

Amen.
Old December 10th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_2_]

Bill wrote:
Deacon Mark, may I respectfully suggest that you pray that God teach
you what is a complete sentence; how to avoid run-on sentences; and
how to use periods after each complete sentence.

That way my brain won't hurt when I read what you write.

Amen.

I just type you should hear me preach. Frankly this newsgroup has a few
things that would bother me worse. I do write in long sentences I have
read too much of St. Paul. SO what about the bike?

Old December 10th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Dec 10, 12:53 pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
Bill wrote:
Deacon Mark, may I respectfully suggest that you pray that God teach
you what is a complete sentence; how to avoid run-on sentences; and
how to use periods after each complete sentence.

That way my brain won't hurt when I read what you write.

Amen.

I just type you should hear me preach. Frankly this newsgroup has a few
things that would bother me worse. I do write in long sentences I have
read too much of St. Paul. SO what about the bike?

The bike??? The bike is carbon fiber, so it will have a "carbon
footprint". That could/might/may contribute to G****l W*****g (Which
may or may not exist!!!).

Seriously, it looks like a good value for what it is - a bike very
much oriented in the direction of a race bike - with all that that
entails (limited choice in tire sizing, no chance of mounting fenders/
racks, 'quick' handling', etc.) Is that what you want in a bike? Do
you compete?