How did you all miss this

Old March 15th 08, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
boulder, MBA

Default How did you all miss this

Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.

Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and stabbed
her before she could ride away.

The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
about 16 to 20.

Old March 15th 08, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

"boulder, MBA" wrote in message
Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.

Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and
stabbed her before she could ride away.

The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
about 16 to 20.

The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
violence committed against the victim.

Let's keep things in proportion.

Old March 15th 08, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

On 15 Mar, 08:09, "vernon" wrote:
"boulder, MBA" wrote in message

Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

A young woman has been stabbed to death while riding her bike in the
Anfield area of Liverpool.
Police say she was riding a bicycle at around 2030 GMT when a car
pulled alongside her and an argument broke out with its occupants.

Two women got out of the vehicle, pulled her from her bike and
stabbed her before she could ride away.

The identity of the victim is not yet known. Police say she was aged
about 16 to 20.

The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
violence committed against the victim.

Let's keep things in proportion.

I believe she may have been related to a football supporter, perhaps
they might be interested.
Old March 15th 08, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a cyclist.
I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the acts of
violence committed against the victim.

Let's keep things in proportion.

Why on earth should we retain proportion?

While I really don't know what a truly proportionate punishment should be, I
certainly know that truly horrible beings like these that carry knives (or
drive cars) and use either to kill people should never, ever be permitted to
use either thing again.

Whatever the reason or "justification" is wheeled out here is, it cannot
possibly be mitigation under any circumstances.

Terrible event.

John

Old March 15th 08, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

"John Clayton" wrote in message
Bloody motorists......

Woman cyclist stabbed in road row

The victim was a human being who also happened to be female and a
cyclist. I doubt that gender or mode of transport were the causes of the
acts of violence committed against the victim.

Let's keep things in proportion.

Why on earth should we retain proportion?

grump mode
OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
victim was on a bike?

uk.rec.cycling seems to be a funnel for channeling deaths of humans who
happen to be on or with bikes or who own bikes or know someone who owns a
bike which can, to the uninitiated, give the impression that cyclists
attract a disproportionate amount of attention from assailants, murderers,
nutters and the like.

I don't quite see the point of posting every report of a death that has a
bike involved. All unnatural deaths are unwelcome and sad for the victims
and their immediate family and friends but are they really of interest to
the wider cycling community? What is to be gained from such postings other
than to mislead folk into believing that cyclists are nothing more than
moving targets.

It's unfair to lay the blame onto motorists as a group too. The two
assailants used knives not a car to do the killing. A more accurate
accusation would have been bloody pedestrians.

/grump mode

Old March 15th 08, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

"vernon" wrote in message
[...]

grumpb
I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
have done then.
Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by this
group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one and I'm
still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.
That assailant climbed out of his car to "do" me, at that time he was a
pedestrian. However his rotten driving was (twice) the catalyst for the
event.
I'm convinced this is a perfectly valid subject for this list, one I'm
content to join in with.

John
off to the pub

Old March 15th 08, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TheMgt

See http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/monkeysphere.html
Old March 16th 08, 01:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

John Clayton wrote:

"vernon" wrote:

Let's keep things in proportion.

Why on earth should we retain proportion?

OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
victim was on a bike? ...The two
assailants used knives not a car to do the killing. A more accurate
accusation would have been bloody pedestrians.

I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
have done then.
Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by this
group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one and I'm
still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.

You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
attacked you?

How did we all miss that?
Old March 16th 08, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

"JNugent" wrote in message
John Clayton wrote:

"vernon" wrote:

Let's keep things in proportion.

Why on earth should we retain proportion?

OK I rephrase it. What is the point of focussing on the fact that the
victim was on a bike? ...The two assailants used knives not a car to do
the killing. A more accurate accusation would have been bloody
pedestrians.

I didn't try to assign blame onto "motorists" , though I reasonably could
have done then.
Even so, as I've said here before, I had two (named) friends killed by
this group of people and was on 12th. Feb. deliberately injured by one
and I'm still off my bike - something I used to enjoy.

You mean those four women currently under arrest in Liverpool also
attacked you?

How did we all miss that?

Cheap and infantile.
John

Old March 16th 08, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In message
"John Clayton" wrote:

Whatever the reason or "justification" is wheeled out here is, it cannot
possibly be mitigation under any circumstances.

Terrible event.

Well said.
--
Charles
Brompton P6R-Plus; CarryFreedom -YL, in Motspur Park

Near Miss Nigel Randell[_2_] UK 12 December 21st 07 02:44 PM
near miss ray Australia 17 August 17th 07 07:08 AM
Near miss essendon93 Australia 9 February 16th 06 11:46 PM
Near Miss Dave Larrington UK 27 July 20th 05 11:26 PM