Old posters (and not a sock in sight)

Old December 10th 12, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Old posters (and not a sock in sight)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:57:51 +0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:33:10 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Keller wrote:

If a car door opens in front of me, my first reaction is to yell and
brake. NOT to swerve into the path of the lorry which is barreling up
behind me.

Why aren't you riding more than a door width away from parked cars?

Because the footpath is too narrow?

It is a well known fact that lorries barrel along footpaths.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old December 10th 12, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:32:57 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 09/12/2012 21:33, Peter Keller wrote:
On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 04:09:12 -0800, Squashme wrote:

I know that the first one has been displayed here before, but still:-

http://tinyurl.com/bsh3lcy

No helmet or hi-viz, and soon to be no lights!

If a car door opens in front of me, my first reaction is to yell and
brake. NOT to swerve into the path of the lorry which is barreling up
behind me.
Sure, I crash into the car door. But that is much better than being
squashed by the alternative.

Wouldn't it be much better to use observation & anticipation skill, as
required in the driving test?

Motorists are rarely, if ever, 'doored' despite travelling faster &
closer to parked cars.

But I do! Did you not read the part about braking hard and yelling
loudly? I am also rarely "doored"

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old December 11th 12, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Monday, December 10, 2012 8:28:47 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

The times we have been told it's impossible for a cyclist to go over the
handlebars are legion and many-fold. Do try to keep up.

So "legion and many-fold" that nobody has produced an example yet?

If it is "legion and many-fold" it should be easy to find lots of examples.

Once again, why would us trolls take the **** out of a concept that had
never come up?

Have some sense man.

So you can't find any examples and so resort to "I'm taking the **** out of it - it must be true"

You are an idiot.
Old December 12th 12, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 11/12/2012 08:52, PhilO wrote:
On Monday, December 10, 2012 8:28:47 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

The times we have been told it's impossible for a cyclist to go over the
handlebars are legion and many-fold. Do try to keep up.

So "legion and many-fold" that nobody has produced an example yet?

If it is "legion and many-fold" it should be easy to find lots of examples.

Once again, why would us trolls take the **** out of a concept that had
never come up?

Have some sense man.

So you can't find any examples and so resort to "I'm taking the **** out of it - it must be true"

You are an idiot.

But at least I have some comprehension skills.

The concepts of 'fridge freezer insurance' & 'impossible to go over the
handlebars' would have to exist before us trolls could start taking the
****.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old December 13th 12, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:09:54 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But at least I have some comprehension skills.

The concepts of 'fridge freezer insurance' & 'impossible to go over the
handlebars' would have to exist before us trolls could start taking the
****.

Dave licks the soles of cyclists shoes when they are not looking.

Did that concept exist before I started taking the ****?

Comprehend that! Idiot.
Old December 13th 12, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

PhilO wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:09:54 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But at least I have some comprehension skills.

The concepts of 'fridge freezer insurance' & 'impossible to go over
the handlebars' would have to exist before us trolls could start
taking the ****.

Dave licks the soles of cyclists shoes when they are not looking.

Did that concept exist before I started taking the ****?

Comprehend that! Idiot.

Your sig is still not doing you any favours.

Old December 13th 12, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 13/12/2012 09:53, PhilO wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:09:54 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But at least I have some comprehension skills.

The concepts of 'fridge freezer insurance' & 'impossible to go over the
handlebars' would have to exist before us trolls could start taking the
****.

Dave licks the soles of cyclists shoes when they are not looking.

Did that concept exist before I started taking the ****?

Comprehend that! Idiot.

Now, I know us trolls are all well above average intelligence, streets
above cyclists intelligence, highly creative and have an incredible
sense of humour. But do you seriously think we all have a good laugh
about concepts that have never been aired in the first place?

The utterly idiotic things psycholists come out with could fill a book.

Old December 14th 12, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:59:33 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But do you seriously think we all have a good laugh
about concepts that have never been aired in the first place?

Dave,

You are repeating the "I'm making fun of ot so it must be true" line.

You could of course provide some examples of where people have claimed here it is impossible to go over the handlebars (if only it had been said), but instead you continue to make yourself look foolish.
Carry on.
Old December 14th 12, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 14/12/2012 08:53, PhilO wrote:
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:59:33 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But do you seriously think we all have a good laugh about concepts
that have never been aired in the first place?

Dave,

You are repeating the "I'm making fun of ot so it must be true"
line.

No I'm not.

How could we make fun of something that didn't exist?

You could of course provide some examples of where people have
claimed here it is impossible to go over the handlebars (if only it
had been said),

I could, if I could be arsed. Trust me, it's been said many times.

but instead you continue to make yourself look
foolish. Carry on.

I rather think that's you. Keep digging.

Old December 15th 12, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"PhilO" wrote in message

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:09:54 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

But at least I have some comprehension skills.

The concepts of 'fridge freezer insurance' & 'impossible to go over the
handlebars' would have to exist before us trolls could start taking the
****.

Dave licks the soles of cyclists shoes when they are not looking.

You naughty little psycholist, you.
You made that up, didn't you?

To sock or not to sock? sam[_11_] Techniques 213 May 12th 11 02:29 AM
sock it to me! Scott Racing 3 May 19th 10 06:34 AM
Comedy Sock Puppet Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 July 19th 04 11:00 AM
Tail box/sock/pannier combo Robert Haston Recumbent Biking 1 July 5th 04 05:21 PM
Winter sock recommendations? Moi Off Road 1 January 20th 04 05:49 PM