Frank, Jay's and SMS's greatest dreams appear to have come true.

Old November 8th 20, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Frank, Jay's and SMS's greatest dreams appear to have come true.

On Sun, 08 Nov 2020 10:05:01 +0700, John B.
wrote:

There is also some evidence that, in N. America, instances may have
existed of deliberate infection of Indians for the purpose of
exterminating them.

The Indians learn quickly:

"A Strange but True Tale of Voter Fraud and Bioterrorism"
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/06/a-strange-but-true-tale-of-voter-fraud-and-bioterrorism/372445/

Ooops. Wrong type of Indian.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old November 8th 20, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 08:15:05 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 7:05:08 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
rOn Sat, 7 Nov 2020 21:40:32 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/7/2020 5:47 PM, John B. wrote:

From what I read the Spanish/Portuguese enslaved the native
populations in S. American and much of the native population succumbed
to European diseases whereupon they imported what were apparently more
robust people from Africa...

That's interesting.

I forget if it was _Guns, Germs & Steel_ or some other book that noted
that natives of the Americas had much less versatile immune systems.
Those of the old world (including, I suppose, Africa) had long since
acquired immunity to many zoonotic (animal borne) diseases due to a long
history of agriculture.

Indigenous Americans had much less of that.

I'm not sure if it was the immune system per se or whether it was the
exposure to new diseases for which they had developed no immunity that
did them in but they certainly died in droves.
But I also read that Europeans tended to be far more diseased then
residents of the "new world" so many arrived with a disease which, of
course infected everyone that they came in contact with.

There is also some evidence that, in N. America, instances may have
existed of deliberate infection of Indians for the purpose of
exterminating them.

So, you have completely lost the idea that the pilgrims were very strict Christians have you? So you're willing not to invent history wholesale.

What do you mean by "strict Christian"? Do you mean someone who
strictly follows the teaching of Jesus the Christ?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 8th 20, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 08 Nov 2020 08:15:09 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2020 14:06:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 22:06:52 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 18:51:09 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

We've gotten Chinese knock-offs under every administration.

Yep. I like to dabble in fixing chainsaws:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/chainsaw/#chain-saws-02.jpg
There are similarities between chainsaws and bicycles, but I won't go
there.

You can buy ALL the parts to build a counterfeit name brand chainsaw
online. For example:
https://www.farmertec.com
Just buy a "complete repair kit" and assembly the saw. For example,
various Stihl chainsaws:
https://www.farmertec.com/Saw-Repair-Kits-c2971.html
The kits are priced at about what a used saw, in good condition, would
sell for on eBay.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing such "kits" for
higher end bicycles? Of course, some expertise might be needed to do
the work, but I don't believe that's a major obstacle. The benefit to
the distributor is that there's probably no warranty on the assembled
bicycle. So, let's see if the Biden regime will restrict importation
of such knock-offs. My guess(tm) is they'll just tax them because the
government obviously needs the money more than the domestic few
remaining domestic manufacturers.

Right now Alibaba lists a 11 speed all carbon bike with 6800 shifting
and Shimano RS11 wheels for as low as $70, in lots. So you import a
container load and say triple or quadruple the retail price? So $280
for an all carbon/Shimano bike?
https://tinyurl.com/y3suhvud

Yes, but that's not a knock-off of an existing high end bicycle. To
do that in the manner I'm suggesting, the bicycle would not have a
name inscribed on the frame and not be delivered mostly assembled.
Instead, it would be a parts kit, shipped as a "maintenance kit", to
be assembled by a US dealer or the end user. See the chainsaw
"maintenance kit" for an example. My guess(tm) is a much lower price
than the mostly assembled bicycle on Alibaba. On the positive side,
such a kit might enable a LBS (local bike shop) to remain competitive.
It might also encourage serious riders to purchase multiple spare
short-lifetime bicycles that are simply replaced rather than serviced.

I was in a shop recently that sold "decals". Not only did they stock
many common decals - Bianchi, Cannondale, etc., but you could even
design your own decals and they would print them for you. Think of it!
The Brand New JEFF Bike is here NOW! (10% discount if order received
in the next week)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 9th 20, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

That sure does make you wonder what you're actually getting when you buy a used bike; or a bike online from an unknown seller.

Cheers
Old November 9th 20, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

There is old saying, something about one "pays your money and takes
your pick" so if you buy an cheap bike that is probably what you will
get. The idea that one will somehow discover a real gem for a cheap
price is usually just a pipe dream.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 9th 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 06:03:23 +0700, John B.
wrote:
I was in a shop recently that sold "decals". Not only did they stock
many common decals - Bianchi, Cannondale, etc.,

They're also all over eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bicycle+decals
I was thinking of customizing my bicycles with a decal, but couldn't
think of anything appropriate. Perhaps "HUNCHBACK" in Italian?
Checking Google Translate, it's "GOBBA". Yeah, that would be a good
name for a bicycle.

but you could even
design your own decals and they would print them for you. Think of it!
The Brand New JEFF Bike is here NOW! (10% discount if order received
in the next week)

No imagination. I would prefer something like:
Crime paid for this bike.
If you can read this, we're going to crash.
No reading while riding.
Super Spreader.
This isn't the bicycle that you're looking for.

Or maybe multiple labels with all the major parts identified as in:
top tube, seat tube, down tube, chain stay, fore, aft, etc.

Old November 9th 20, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
I was in a shop recently that sold "decals". Not only did they stock
many common decals - Bianchi, Cannondale, etc.,

They're also all over eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bicycle+decals
I was thinking of customizing my bicycles with a decal, but couldn't
think of anything appropriate. Perhaps "HUNCHBACK" in Italian?
Checking Google Translate, it's "GOBBA". Yeah, that would be a good
name for a bicycle.

I'm not sure about that as with a tiny bit different pronouncement
that means something altogether different
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDxFfJY00Y

Old November 9th 20, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

This was a big deal 10~12 years ago:

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/this...use_bomb_scare

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 17th 20, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 9:32:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
From the looks of it at this point the election fraud strategy of the Democrats appears to have succeeded. What is going to happen to this country under Biden is going to show the social media tech giants that financed it that perhaps their childish judgements are not as bright as they thought they were.

Under the Democrat communism that is coming you are not only a loser but so is every other person in this country. Always Remember, Orange Man Bad and Dementia Joe Good. We will have a country run by the Chinese Communist Party and if you think that they treat their own population bad you ain't seen nothing yet. Chinese racism is a thousand times what American racism ever was.

At least Jay and Frank will enjoy their final hours believing in their success.

Old November 17th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 9:32:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
From the looks of it at this point the election fraud strategy of the Democrats appears to have succeeded. What is going to happen to this country under Biden is going to show the social media tech giants that financed it that perhaps their childish judgements are not as bright as they thought they were.

Under the Democrat communism that is coming you are not only a loser but so is every other person in this country. Always Remember, Orange Man Bad and Dementia Joe Good. We will have a country run by the Chinese Communist Party and if you think that they treat their own population bad you ain't seen nothing yet. Chinese racism is a thousand times what American racism ever was.

At least Jay and Frank will enjoy their final hours believing in their success.

Imagine being this brainwashed by the neofascist disinformation borg that you think a mainline corporate Democrat is a communist and you troll a cycling newsgroup. Get a mental health assessment, buddy.

Dreams... TimC[_2_] Australia 2 December 23rd 12 10:46 AM
dreams CKCrowe Unicycling 1 February 11th 07 01:50 PM
Dreams Calogero Carlucci Racing 0 June 24th 06 02:56 AM
True wheel has slack spoke, doesn't stay true Tad Marko Techniques 33 December 10th 05 08:05 PM
Wheel true or not true? Ken Marcet Techniques 9 March 27th 05 06:24 PM