André Jute, extreme, unsuitable for purpose, dangerous, dull, overpriced

Old June 12th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

Default Abortion

"dgk" wrote in message
news [...]
I, personally, don't want to pay to have unwanted premature babies
kept alive. They cost hundreds of thousands of dollars just make it to
9 months and almost universally have major problems for the rest of
their lives. I don't want to pay even for children that are wanted.

Considering that we have almost seven BILLION people alive, and all
kinds of kids waiting for adoption, I just don't see the need.

DGK expresses the intellectual argument for abortion - too many unwanted
people. It is not what the mothers care about because they do not even think
in these terms. With them it is all about their own selfish convenience.

Just how cheap and superfluous is human life anyway? DGK might well be right
about this. Once you have gotten religion out of the equation, what argument
can one make for the preciousness of human life. We are entering an age of a
new barbarism, indeed a new paganism. It is why I want to preserve religion.
Man left to his own devices soon becomes a monster.

It is a slippery slope. I can easily see doing away with all kinds of
undesirable types of people. It is a small step from not valuing the baby in
the womb to not valuing anyone else we care not to value. Before you know
it, we are in Hitlerland. If you do not mind mass slaughter, then the
sentiments of DGK should not bother you.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 12th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°

Still Just Me... wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:17:46 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Before you know
it, we are in Hitlerland. If you do not mind mass slaughter, then the
sentiments of DGK should not bother you.

Whoops - that's end of thread, isn't it?

This thread should have died a long time ago.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 12th 09, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Before you know
it, we are in Hitlerland. If you do not mind mass slaughter, then the
sentiments of DGK should not bother you.

Whoops - that's end of thread, isn't it?

Sieg Heil to all the baby killers in the land!

Old June 12th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Before you know it, we are in Hitlerland. If you do not mind mass
slaughter, then the sentiments of DGK should not bother you.

Whoops - that's end of thread, isn't it?

This thread should have died a long time ago.

A thread that I am monitoring is never over until I say it is over. You
should know that better than anyone!

Old June 12th 09, 10:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Press

wrote:

Before you know
it, we are in Hitlerland. If you do not mind mass slaughter, then the
sentiments of DGK should not bother you.

Whoops - that's end of thread, isn't it?

Godwin's law: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer,
the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

That's it.

--
Michael Press
Old June 15th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:18:44 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:21:23 -0700, "Bill Sornson"

I, personally, don't want to pay to have unwanted premature babies
kept alive.

They weren't "premature" you heartless, anonymous (big surprise) dolt. They
SURVIVED botched abortions.

They cost hundreds of thousands of dollars just make it to
9 months and almost universally have major problems for the rest of
their lives. I don't want to pay even for children that are wanted.

Considering that we have almost seven BILLION people alive, and all
kinds of kids waiting for adoption, I just don't see the need.

Yeah, what's another human life... BS

If they're surviving an abortion, they are premature since abortion
only occurs before a birth. The earlier they are born, the more it
costs to keep them alive - note the word KEEP. They may come out alive
but without lots of medical care they won't stay that way. And the
more premature, the more medical problems they will have throughout
their lives.

And yes, what is another human life? Many are already living in
poverty and misery - maybe the few hundred thousand dollars it takes
to keep one premie alive would be better invested in improving the
lives of those already living.

I don't believe in the crap about us having souls but other creatures
don't. We have so many humans on earth that we're wiping out the other
species so we can keep expanding the human land areas. I think other
species also deserve a chance. They were, after all, created by the
same creator, no?

What does it matter if I don't give a way to bother me in
non-cyberspace? Most posters don't. People get stalked - I don't need
that.

Old June 15th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]
If they're surviving an abortion, they are premature since abortion
only occurs before a birth. The earlier they are born, the more it
costs to keep them alive - note the word KEEP. They may come out alive
but without lots of medical care they won't stay that way. And the
more premature, the more medical problems they will have throughout
their lives.

Millions of babies are born every year who are premature. The thing to
remember about abortion whether early or late is that it occurs after
conception - hence it is murder!

And yes, what is another human life? Many are already living in
poverty and misery - maybe the few hundred thousand dollars it takes
to keep one premie alive would be better invested in improving the
lives of those already living.

The living are lucky to have been born without being aborted by the likes of
DGK. Better to be living in poverty and misery than not to be living at all.

I don't believe in the crap about us having souls but other creatures
don't. We have so many humans on earth that we're wiping out the other
species so we can keep expanding the human land areas. I think other
species also deserve a chance. They were, after all, created by the
same creator, no?

You would get quite an argument from Christianity and most other religions
on the above notion. But that is the trouble with equating humans with
animals. Before you know it, we are killing humans with the same abandon as
we kill other animals. Even if humans do not have a soul, we are better off
believing that they do.

What does it matter if I don't give a way to bother me in
non-cyberspace? Most posters don't. People get stalked - I don't need
that.

Your opinions on abortion stink to High Heaven. I regard you as little
better than a murderer. In real life I would treat you with the contempt you
so richly deserve.

Old June 15th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:38:40 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
[...]

There are few higher honors than being treated with contempt by you. I
appreciate it.
Old June 15th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Millions of babies are born every year who are premature. The thing to
remember about abortion whether early or late is that it occurs after
conception - hence it is murder!

According to one definition. But, if killing is wrong, then live by
your words: don't poison any carpenter ants invading your house; don't
eat any animals for your daily meals; and certainly don't support the
manufacture of any form of lethal weapon.

Liberal thinking at its best - equating ants with humans!

Old June 15th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:39:40 -0400, dgk wrote:

I don't believe in the crap about us having souls but other creatures
don't. We have so many humans on earth that we're wiping out the other
species so we can keep expanding the human land areas. I think other
species also deserve a chance. They were, after all, created by the
same creator, no?

No, see, those other creatures were just put here for Republicans to
hunt with high powered rifles and telescopic scopes for entertainment.
That's the only reason.

Would that someone would take a bead on your sorry ass!