Doug

Old September 25th 09, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
The Debacler

Default Doug

Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

For those over on uk.rec.driving. Doug has just started what looks
like a another rant about uninsured drivers.. Will he not be happy
unless every vehicle on the road are destroyed and replaced with vegan
beardies riding bicycles??

Debacler
Old September 25th 09, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Doki

"The Debacler" wrote in message
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

For those over on uk.rec.driving. Doug has just started what looks
like a another rant about uninsured drivers.. Will he not be happy
unless every vehicle on the road are destroyed and replaced with vegan
beardies riding bicycles??

How on earth is this relevant to uk.rec.cars.modifications?

Old September 25th 09, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mike P[_3_]

On 25 Sep, 12:00, The Debacler wrote:
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

For those over on uk.rec.driving. Doug has just started what looks
like a another rant about uninsured drivers.. Will he not be happy
unless every vehicle on the road are destroyed and replaced with vegan
beardies riding bicycles??

look throught the archives of uk.transport. You should get all you
need to know from that..

Mike P
Old September 25th 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Doug[_3_]

On 25 Sep, 12:00, The Debacler wrote:
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Probably.

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

I used to drive cars for many years but finally got rid of my
lifestyle dependency on them, thankfully.

For those over on uk.rec.driving. Doug has just started what looks
like a another rant about uninsured drivers.. Will he not be happy
unless every vehicle on the road are destroyed and replaced with vegan
beardies riding bicycles??

No but I would like to see a drastic reduction in harmful mass car use
and the dismantling of the all pervasive car culture which dominates
these newsgroups and society at large. You may not be aware but there
is a world-wide anti-car movement of which I am just a very small
part.

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/

Old September 25th 09, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Derek Geldard

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

On 25 Sep, 12:00, The Debacler wrote:
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Probably.

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

I used to drive cars for many years but finally got rid of my
lifestyle dependency on them, thankfully.

Yes, instead you just depend on other people who are using cars and
other motorised transport to provide you with food, medicine and
shelter.

What would happen if we all did that ?

The name for a person like that escapes me.

Derek

Old September 25th 09, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Adrian

Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

I used to drive cars for many years but finally got rid of my lifestyle
dependency on them, thankfully.

Translation :- I lost my licence on medical grounds.

the all pervasive car culture which dominates these newsgroups

No ****!
An "all-pervasive" car culture in uk.rec.driving and uk.rec.cars.* ...?

Who would have thought it?
Old September 25th 09, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
JNugent[_5_]

Doug wrote:

You may not be aware but there
is a world-wide anti-car movement of which I am just a very small
part.

I think some people have long suspected that you a very small part.

It's which part which is at issue.
Old September 25th 09, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Dr Zoidberg[_5_]

"The Debacler" wrote in message
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

Oh yes , Doug used to drive a large 4x4 , but when he could no longer afford
to do so , he decided cars are evil and should be banned.

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Old September 26th 09, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Steve Firth

The Debacler wrote:

Doug has just started what looks
like a another rant about uninsured drivers.

Has he anything to say on the subject of uninsured cyclists?

Hmm, I wonder why it is about the London Borough of Lewisham that
attracts the ****wits? Both Doug and Tom "**** Me I Can't Argue for
Toffee" Crispin seem to exemplify the breed.
Old September 26th 09, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cars.modifications
Doug[_3_]

wrote:

On 25 Sep, 12:00, The Debacler wrote:
Do I get the impression that you are just 'slightly' anti car??

Probably.

Forgive me, I don't really know your background or whether or not you
have driven a car in your life, but you seem to be the ultimate uber
cyclist who actually can't see both sides of the story.

I used to drive cars for many years but finally got rid of my
lifestyle dependency on them, thankfully.

Yes, instead you just depend on other people who are using cars and
other motorised transport to provide you with food, medicine and
shelter.

I have no objection to the lorries that deliver my food.

What would happen if we all did that ?

The world would be a much more tolerable and safer place but I could
bear just a few motorists remaining.

The name for a person like that escapes me.

What person?

--
Car Free Cities
http://www.carfree.com/

Doug, was this you? BrianW[_2_] UK 169 September 30th 09 07:03 AM
This should please Doug Steve Firth UK 261 August 26th 09 10:20 PM
Doug PeterG UK 18 June 28th 09 11:23 AM
Roll in the Doug $$$ Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 0 October 25th 04 10:54 AM
Old Doug Fattic drako Marketplace 0 October 3rd 04 02:45 AM