Bike lane design prize?

Old June 16th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default Bike lane design prize?

turns green......amazing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...iw=943&bih=483
Old June 16th 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Jun 16, 10:18*am, kolldata wrote:
turns green......amazing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...iAKu-p2HBQ&ved...

for readers unacquainted with Texas, the landscape is replete with
family cemeteries, one every 2 or 3 miles. Signs made by prison labor
line state roads indicating there are Ewings,Lamars,or Estes buried
down that lane.
thousands !
collecting is probably a worthwhile hobby.
Imagine a wall covered with......
Old June 16th 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=943&bih=483
Old June 16th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default OT TEXAS STATE CEMETERY

On Jun 16, 10:30*am, kolldata wrote:
On Jun 16, 10:26*am, kolldata wrote:

On Jun 16, 10:18*am, kolldata wrote:

turns green......amazing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...iAKu-p2HBQ&ved...

for readers unacquainted with Texas, the landscape is replete with
family cemeteries, one every 2 or 3 miles. Signs made by prison labor
line state roads indicating there are Ewings,Lamars,or Estes buried
down that lane.
thousands !
collecting is probably a worthwhile hobby.
Imagine a wall covered with......

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...et/digging/ima....

The Texas State Cemetery was renovated and restored in 1994 by the
powerful and Texas-proud Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock, who said,
“Kids can come out here and in one day learn more about Texas history
than a whole semester in class.”
Old June 16th 11, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default OT cemetery looting

kolldata wrote:

for readers unacquainted with Texas, the landscape is replete with
family cemeteries, one every 2 or 3 miles. Signs made by prison labor
line state roads indicating there are Ewings,Lamars,or Estes buried
down that lane.
thousands !
collecting is probably a worthwhile hobby.
Imagine a wall covered with......

A guy I know went to prison for selling pieces of stolen cemetery
fencing into the snooty-people home improvement market. I guess it
seemed like a good idea at the time (or under whatever influence).

Chalo
Old June 16th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Chalo wrote:
kolldata wrote:
for readers unacquainted with Texas, the landscape is replete with
family cemeteries, one every 2 or 3 miles. Signs made by prison labor
line state roads indicating there are Ewings,Lamars,or Estes buried
down that lane.
thousands !
collecting is probably a worthwhile hobby.
Imagine a wall covered with......

A guy I know went to prison for selling pieces of stolen cemetery
fencing into the snooty-people home improvement market. I guess it
seemed like a good idea at the time (or under whatever influence).

Sleazy, but hardly worth it for mere fencing. Chicago
cemeteries are now stripped clean of brass urns, plaques and
angels, all recycled to China, just like the copper
downspouts and air conditioning tube.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 16th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JG

It's an intersection I traveled many a day in my adolescence.

I believe the bike lane is there to allow bicycles to directly enter
Mt. Auburn Cemetery?

JG
Old June 16th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

AMuzi wrote:

Chalo wrote:

A guy I know went to prison for selling pieces of stolen cemetery
fencing into the snooty-people home improvement market. *I guess it
seemed like a good idea at the time (or under whatever influence).

Sleazy, but hardly worth it for mere fencing. Chicago
cemeteries are now stripped clean of brass urns, plaques and
angels, all recycled to China, just like the copper
downspouts and air conditioning tube.

Sheesh. At least people stealing ornamental iron are after the
ornaments, not just the iron. I've heard of $20,000 plumbing
installations pillaged for a couple hundred bucks worth of copper.

Here's the latest development in the thieving-scum department in my
area:
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/c...ndensing-units
(Note: the above site is a bandwidth hog with uninvited video, so
don't leave it open.)

And here is the context in which these thieving scum are doing it:
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Obs...ation=USTX0057

Chalo
Old June 16th 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Jun 16, 2:32*pm, JG wrote:
It's an intersection I traveled many a day in my adolescence.

I believe the bike lane is there to allow bicycles to directly enter
Mt. Auburn Cemetery?

JG

My commute takes me through a cemetery that is now a designated
bicycle route. After hours, it is very peaceful -- just bikes,
squirrels and during the summer, squirrels on bikes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8098276@N06/3008841481/ (soft focus
similates riding in early spring mist while wearing glasses) No meth-
heads stealing urns -- at least not recently.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old June 17th 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:00:31 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Can we give a special prize to the designer of this bike lane? (It's
a T intersection.)

http://bit.ly/lCPvBi

- Frank Krygowski

The lane ends at Mt Auburn Crematory. As in Texas, is there a trend
to terminate bike lanes at funeral facilities?

I guess you don't like ending the bike lane in the middle of cross
traffic. That's not a nice thing to do, but I don't see any other way
to do it. A bike lane must end somewhere and cannot go on forever. I
don't see any way to "terminate" a middle of the road bike lane except
abruptly. Maybe some special symbol painted on the roadway signifying
that you're on your own from here on.

Also, if you look at the Google Maps view of the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=aberdeen+ave+ %26+mt+auburn+st,+cambridge,+ma&aq=&sll=42.37546,-71.146023&sspn=0.011065,0.014205&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear =Mt+Auburn+St+%26+Aberdeen+Ave,+Cambridge,+Middles ex,+Massachusetts+02138&ll=42.375463,-71.146015&spn=0.009131,0.017037&z=16&lci=bike
the east going cross street becomes Brattle St, which does provide a
bike lane of sorts (green dots), and which eventually turns into a
bike lane.

More strange bike lanes (mostly in UK):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/treehuggerbikelane/
http://www.random-good-stuff.com/2009/11/02/crappy-bike-lanes/