Wenting!!!

Old May 27th 05, 07:27 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Wenting!!!

Stuart Lamble wrote:

On 2005-05-27, TimC wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:04 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
I spent over 18 months single before I ran into her though

Poor baby!

4 years. No, I am NOT BITTER.

Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

This break's been around two and a half years now. I only care some of
the time, though, and I'm trying to keep busy enough that that's a
minimal amount.

I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I guess others weren't joking.

:P
Old May 27th 05, 07:28 AM
Tamyka Bell

TimC wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:08 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:46 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
Ooh, owies. And I CAN count to 1023 on my fingers. 1024 if I start at one
instead of zero. Be wary...

I didn't understand that number, it had digits other that '1' and '0'

Oh, so you want one of those bad jokes, do you?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand
binary, and those who don't.

*giggle*

I like that joke. It never gets old.
Old May 27th 05, 07:41 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:27 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
Stuart Lamble wrote:
Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

26 years since you dated someone? I don't know whether to be in awe
that you started so early, or to give you sympathy for it being so
long! Sorry...

This break's been around two and a half years now. I only care some of
the time, though, and I'm trying to keep busy enough that that's a
minimal amount.

I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I guess others weren't joking.

Yeah, it's not too helpful that there are a distinct lack of available
members of one particular sex on this froup. OTOH, if we were to
newgroup a a.b.g.d, then perhaps we could attract new members

I don't want Perl to be beautiful -- I want you to write
beautiful programs in Perl. --Larry Wall
Old May 27th 05, 08:28 AM
Stuart Lamble

Stuart Lamble wrote:
Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

26 years since you dated someone? I don't know whether to be in awe
that you started so early, or to give you sympathy for it being so
long! Sorry...

Well, you could argue that I had a 26+ year drought
f you really wanted to.

[...]
I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

Old May 27th 05, 08:33 AM
Tamyka Bell

Stuart Lamble wrote:
Try 26 when I first seriously dated somebody. :P Close enough to 27 --
we started going out a week or so before my birthday.

26 years since you dated someone? I don't know whether to be in awe
that you started so early, or to give you sympathy for it being so
long! Sorry...

Well, you could argue that I had a 26+ year drought
f you really wanted to.

[...]
I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

Tam
Old May 27th 05, 08:37 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)

On 2005-05-27, TimC wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:27 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

Some witty text here,
can be any number of lines
long
Old May 27th 05, 08:39 AM
Tamyka Bell

On 2005-05-27, TimC wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 06:27 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
I was joking about this turning into aus.geek.dating

I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

How's that paper going?

Tam
Old May 27th 05, 08:49 AM
Stuart Lamble

On 2005-05-27, TimC wrote:
I was thinking more aus.geek.whinging-about-lack-of-life, personally

I'll go along with that. ;-)

That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

I have an excuse! I'm killing time until Things Happen at 7:30. Not
enough time in between knocking off at 5 for me to do much of anything,
really.

Probably should go get some food.

Old May 27th 05, 08:50 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:39 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

How's that paper going?

Why do you think I am religiously checking for new posts on a.b?

Would you beleive I volunteered to go to a conf in Cambridge? But I
have to register and write an abstract by Monday? And I have to write
a little 4 page paper by 3 weeks from now? And I have no fecking
idea? I just *love* just jumping in the pot of boiling water.

A new verb was accidently created during a discussion about KDE 3 and Debian.
It was said that KDE 3 will sid soon. -- Debian Weekly News Jan 14,2003
Old May 27th 05, 08:55 AM
Tamyka Bell

TimC wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 07:33 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
That's why we're still at our desks at 5:37 pm.

On a Friday, no less. I should be getting blotto.

How's that paper going?

Why do you think I am religiously checking for new posts on a.b?

Do you get that thing where you check and feel excited and then realise
that the "new post" is actually the one you just wrote?

Would you beleive I volunteered to go to a conf in Cambridge? But I
have to register and write an abstract by Monday? And I have to write
a little 4 page paper by 3 weeks from now? And I have no fecking
idea? I just *love* just jumping in the pot of boiling water.

At least you've got it in the right order. I mean, if you write the
abstract now, you should be able to do a related paper. I keep getting
sent to conferences with abstracts due 6 months in advance, so I have to
write a really vague abstract and just hope that I get some results by
the time the conference comes around. Of course, being a geek/nerd in a
sports-based field means that no one understands wtf my abstract means
anyway, so they wouldn't know if I presented something totally
different.