Wanted Touring frame

Old October 10th 09, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
anern[_2_]

Default Wanted Touring frame

Just popped the chain stay on my claud butler frame and I'm looking for a
replacement at reasonable cost. 24.5in seat tube, reynolds touring steel
tubing, caliper brakes, photo of old frame here :
http://phase7.org/stuff/P1011400.JPG. As you can see from the photo need
plenty of clearance for tyres and guards. Has 26.4mm seat post but been
meaning to upgrade so not that important. English thread BB. Wouldn't mind
canti brakes either. I'm in cardiff area or posted. Cosmetics not important
but will have to withstand a pounding. Used for shopping and heavy touring.
Any pointers ?
Cheers, Bruce.

Old October 11th 09, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
D.M. Procida

anern wrote:

Just popped the chain stay on my claud butler frame and I'm looking for a
replacement at reasonable cost. 24.5in seat tube, reynolds touring steel
tubing, caliper brakes, photo of old frame here :
http://phase7.org/stuff/P1011400.JPG. As you can see from the photo need
plenty of clearance for tyres and guards. Has 26.4mm seat post but been
meaning to upgrade so not that important. English thread BB. Wouldn't mind
canti brakes either. I'm in cardiff area or posted. Cosmetics not important
but will have to withstand a pounding. Used for shopping and heavy touring.
Any pointers ?

A friend game me an old Gudereit frame; I decided I didn't have anything
very useful to do with it, so I put it on Cardiff Freecycle, and someone
picked it up.

You might find a frame that way.

Or, the fellows at the Waungron Road council tip are very friendly and
often have old bikes set aside.

Daniele