The Middle East is our backyard

Old December 21st 10, 03:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dgk

Default The Middle East is our backyard

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:22:17 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:55:06 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
Terrorism is part and parcel of a religion, i.e., Islam. It probably does
have something to do with our wealth and the wealth of the West in
general.
It is too bad Islam was not able to create wealth like the Christian
nations
of the West. Why not visit Saudi Arabia at one extreme and Egypt at the
other extreme and see what I mean.

The US has now become an Empire. The sooner we start acting like
imperialists in good conscience, the better. What we need most is a
Rudyard
Kipling, not a cry baby like you.

Terrorism is what people do when they don't have an army to kill for
them. If you're ok with killing people all over the world so that the
wealthy can profit and you can have some crumbs, then you are less of
a person than I thought you were.

Terrorism is what people do when they do not have a clue about what is wrong
with them. You bet I'm OK with killing those who would kill us.

Too much to write about at one time so I'll just choose this. You
missed the whole point. They want to kill us because of things that
we've done. If I were an Iraqi boy and my parents died because of what
we've done to Iraq, I would certainly try to kill Americans to make up
for it. What we've done makes us less safe, not more safe. And it
wasn't done for any altruistic reason, it was done for profit.
Old December 21st 10, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:55:06 -0600, "Edward
wrote:

[...]
[...]

"dgk" - you do know that presenting facts that contradict beliefs is
useless? People follow their "religion" (including "American
Exceptionalism") based on faith; facts be damned.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 21st 10, 08:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dgk

wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:55:06 -0600, "Edward
wrote:
[...]
[...]

I know. White Man's Burden.
Old December 21st 10, 10:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"dgk" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:22:17 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
Terrorism is what people do when they do not have a clue about what is
wrong
with them. You bet I'm OK with killing those who would kill us.

Too much to write about at one time so I'll just choose this. You
missed the whole point. They want to kill us because of things that
we've done. If I were an Iraqi boy and my parents died because of what
we've done to Iraq, I would certainly try to kill Americans to make up
for it. What we've done makes us less safe, not more safe. And it
wasn't done for any altruistic reason, it was done for profit.

I categorically reject your entire line of thinking on this issue. The
Iraqis were treated worse than cattle under Saddam and his tribal group and
they took it for decades without a peep. We Americans must appear like Santa
Claus to them.

The main thing that is wrong with American foreign policy is our bent for
wanting to do good in the world. I would go for just doing what is good for
us and everyone else be damned. What I fear is that Iraq may want us to stay
in their god forsaken country forever and then clamor to become our 51st
State.

Liberals like you do not have a clue about how the world works.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 21st 10, 10:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
[...]
"dgk" - you do know that presenting facts that contradict beliefs is
useless? People follow their "religion" (including "American
Exceptionalism") based on faith; facts be damned.

Facts never say anything by themselves. They have to be interpreted. That is
what I am here for.

Hey, better American Exceptionalism than Muslim Exceptionalism!

Old December 22nd 10, 12:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/21/2010 3:37 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�n� " wrote in
message ...
[...]
"dgk" - you do know that presenting facts that contradict beliefs is
useless? People follow their "religion" (including "American
Exceptionalism") based on faith; facts be damned.

Facts never say anything by themselves. They have to be interpreted. That is
what I am here for.

Hey, better American Exceptionalism than Muslim Exceptionalism!

Mr. Ed Dolan proves my point.

Old December 22nd 10, 01:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 12/21/2010 3:37 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T?m Sherm?n? " wrote in
message ...
[...]
"dgk" - you do know that presenting facts that contradict beliefs is
useless? People follow their "religion" (including "American
Exceptionalism") based on faith; facts be damned.

Facts never say anything by themselves. They have to be interpreted. That
is
what I am here for.

Hey, better American Exceptionalism than Muslim Exceptionalism!

Mr. Ed Dolan proves my point.

No more than Mr. Tom Sherman proves my point!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS: It amuses me greatly that Tom Sherman would want to duel with someone
who has read the complete works of Edward Gibbon and Arnold Toynbee. His
view of world history is small, mine is large. Never forget that all
librarians are extremely well read. It is a burden that we carry like
Sisyphus.

Old December 22nd 10, 03:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dgk

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:31:19 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:22:17 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
[...]

Of course they suffered under Saddam, that's why we worked with the
British to install him in the first place. But it helped our oil
companies and that's why we did it. In fact, for all the lying about
why we needed to go to war with Iraq, the only real reason was one we
didn't use, that we put him in and had the right to take him out.

Do you have any cites for believing that the Iraqis think we are Santa
Claus or that they want us to stay? Do you actually even believe that?

Old December 23rd 10, 11:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:31:19 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
[...]

You obviously are an idiot.

Do you have any cites for believing that the Iraqis think we are Santa
Claus or that they want us to stay? Do you actually even believe that?

In the good old days when a regime was replaced by force of an invasion, all
the principals were slaughtered. Instead, we give them vacations in places
like Guantanamo. The fact of the matter is that we Americans do not have a
clue about how to treat our enemies. Ideally we should just kill them,
something that all previous peoples have known how to do.