Bicycle friendly city in the USA?

Old January 9th 12, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
marco

Default Bicycle friendly city in the USA?

I was watching some old film footage on TV,
it was probably somewhere in Europe,
with all these people riding bicycles
in the middle of town, and they all looked so content,
or...

That's where I want to live.

marc
Old January 10th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
M5usr[_2_]

On 01/09/2012 09:55 PM, marco wrote:
I was watching some old film footage on TV,
it was probably somewhere in Europe,
with all these people riding bicycles
in the middle of town, and they all looked so content,
or...

That's where I want to live.

marc

Well come and try Copenhagen , and you will love to return home ..
Copenhagen is very proud to have exported bicycle commuting technology
to NYC .

Of-cause it is hard to be objective in two text lines , however it is my
impression that Denmark only make bicycle systems for old ladies
commuting to next door.( or young ladies riding like old ladies). If you
are a well trained rider (Man or Woman) who want to commute long
distance, it is my experience it is rather a war than an enjoyment. Not
because of other bicycle riders or traffic , but because of very little
knowledgeable city planers who don't know how to bicycle.

MIAMI-HERALD\More and more, Miami becomes a bike-friendly city Jym Dyer General 0 January 11th 09 07:22 PM
Most Bike Friendly City in the world? Armsterdam Red Cloud General 25 January 13th 08 07:14 PM
Bicycle Friendly Cities Dan Rides 21 April 26th 07 10:00 PM
Bicycle friendly facilities sinus Australia 17 February 10th 06 04:04 AM
Is Sydney Bicycle Friendly?? cfsmtb Australia 2 August 30th 05 08:58 AM