Police hunt road rage cyclist

Old January 6th 19, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Police hunt road rage cyclist

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...d-rage-2392174
Old January 6th 19, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:16:46 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...d-rage-2392174

I wonder what led up to this alleged attack?
Old January 6th 19, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 06/01/2019 18:54, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:16:46 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...d-rage-2392174

I wonder what led up to this alleged attack?

a) The driver was upset that the cyclist had held him up for half a
second so stopped for a 5 minute argument;
b) the driver was jealous and was trying to steal the bicycle.
Old January 6th 19, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:49:17 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/01/2019 18:54, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:16:46 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...d-rage-2392174

I wonder what led up to this alleged attack?

a) The driver was upset that the cyclist had held him up for half a
second so stopped for a 5 minute argument;
b) the driver was jealous and was trying to steal the bicycle.

I think it is more likely the driver used his vehicle as a weapon and assaulted the cyclist because the cyclist held him up for half a second.
But assaulting someone with 2500kg of motor vehicle is not considered a crime.

Old January 7th 19, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 8:24:32 PM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

I think it is more likely the driver used his vehicle as a weapon and assaulted the cyclist because the cyclist held him up for half a second.
But assaulting someone with 2500kg of motor vehicle is not considered a crime.

I think M'Lud Lee said that using a D Lock in self defence was a good defence strategy in court.