Anyone know who manufactures this tricycle

Old August 2nd 03, 03:15 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Anyone know who manufactures this tricycle

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:30:13 GMT, ride your bike
wrote:
Within this last hundred years we have already seen an unprecedented
human caused extinction of more than 25,000 species.

And yet, somehow, the world continues without those 25,000
species, the millions of other species learn to adjust.
Consider that we don't know what would have happened to
those 25,000 or any of the other millions had we NOT been
here...probably not much different.

As far as emissions are concerned, humans who think that we have a
major effect are so full of themselves. Natural occurances, such as
the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo (more widely known for it's temporary
cooling effect caused by ash and dust in the air), have spewed
forth more greenhouse gases than mankind has ever caused.

toxins humans are releasing into the environment. Besides, where is the
intelligence in destroying yourself with the rational that nature might
do
it anyway. That's like a cigarette smoker saying you could get lung
cancer even if you didn't smoke.

The thought isn't that nature might destroy us if we don't; the
thought is:
-- The stuff we do is puny compared to what nature does
-- The stuff nature does doesn't destroy us; we survive and adapt
-- Therefore, the stuff we do won't destroy us; we will survive and
adapt, just as the millions of other species do every day, with
or without our influence.

All of these things, both warming and cooling, are part of the
natural system of Earth. This planet will survive and prosper no
matter what we do to it, and it will absorb most of what we do
without becoming unbearable.

This statement does not consider the potential outcomes of nuclear war,
nor the potential for large scale disasters from genetic engineering.

Outcome of nuclear war:
Humans die off. Lots of other species die off. The rest of
the species adapt and thrive. The world is better off.

Possible outcome 1 of genetic engineering:
We feed the poor and hungry worldwide. We fix many human
defects and improve our bodies. The human population multiplies.
The whole earth dies, or nuclear war happens first.

Possible outcome 2 of genetic engineering:
An occasional strain fails and dies. Very rarely, a bad strain
is produced that can actually survive, and is eliminated. Sooner
or later, possible outcome 1 of genetic engineering happens.

The biggest problem we pose is our overpopulation, and that will
likely reach critical mass and result in major dying off sooner
or later...whether by disease or war/violence.

This planet will not support 10 billion people (what we will have in
another 20-40 years) for very long with the current rates of consumption
and pollution that we are engaged in.

No, it won't; that's my point. Then people will die off, and it
won't be a problem.

My wholehearted belief is that we
could engage in a lifestyle that would sustain that many people without
need for mass war and petulance. It would of course require great
modifications to a value system that considers making a human powered
tricycle for a child look like an obnoxious combustion engine machine as
"cool".

It's not in human nature. Humans require war, and can't avoid disease.

The only way to avoid war is to take control of every human's mind and
make them all completely bland non-individuals. Otherwise, they will
find something to fight about.

Usually, that something is religion, or influenced by religion. You'll
never get everybody to agree on a religion, nor will you ever eradicate
religions that cause war, nor will you ever eradicate extremists who
pervert normal religions into something to fight about.

Disclaimer: I do not subscribe to an organized religion. I have my own
personal spirituality that advocates being nice to people and trying to
do the right thing. I am not a christian, jew, muslim, branch-dividian,
extremist, terrorist, wombat, cement floor, or a particle of dust.

--
Rick Onanian