If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

Old May 2nd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady

If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6Mt...eature=related

No speeches about Global Warming or Road Safety would be necessary.

Actually, she could advertise my T-shirts too...

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace...63034463138037

Old May 2nd 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Nat

On 2 May, 14:46, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6Mt...eature=related

No speeches about Global Warming or Road Safety would be necessary.

Actually, she could advertise my T-shirts too...

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace...63034463138037

I think I could attract ladys to cycling by having a photo of me, 8
stone in weight, sat eating a sausage butty followed by a large
chocolate bar!
Old May 2nd 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:
If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6Mt...eature=related

Kinda like this?

http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

Old May 2nd 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On May 2, 12:08*pm, Nat wrote:
On 2 May, 14:46, ComandanteBanana wrote:

If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6Mt...eature=related

No speeches about Global Warming or Road Safety would be necessary.

Actually, she could advertise my T-shirts too...

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace...63034463138037

I think I could attract ladys to cycling by having a photo of me, 8
stone in weight, sat eating a sausage butty followed by a large
chocolate bar!

And then you'd wear a t-shirt that said, "You can eat my sausage!!!"
Old May 2nd 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On May 2, 1:04*pm, "
wrote:
On May 2, 9:46 am, ComandanteBanana wrote:

If I were to promote the benefits of biking, I'd put a lady like this
to ride around town...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6Mt...eature=related

Kinda like this?

http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

I can already read the promotion: "Put something fun between your
legs"... (the bike)

http://www.sexydeanna.com/samples/deanna033_052.jpg
Old May 3rd 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= In response to a rather nice advert:

http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

It is nice to see that someone is sensible enough to realize that a foam
bicycle hat is NOT necessary for utility cycling. Oh wait, the much more
safety conscious northern Europeans (relative to USians) generally do
not wear the foam hats while cycling, except for the racer types.

Don Quixote a.k.a. No Lion No Problem a.k.a. Commandante Banana
responded with Internet porn. Way to go, Commandante Dip****.
Not only are you a fearmongering idiot, but you're a pathetic
sexist porn-consumer.

Don Quixote aka No Lion No Problem aka Commandante Banana is likely
afraid of his own shadow while cycling, even if wearing a motorcycle helmet.

Old May 3rd 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Default HELMETS!!!

Tom Sherman schrieb:
Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= In response to a rather nice advert:

http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

It is nice to see that someone is sensible enough to realize that a foam
bicycle hat is NOT necessary for utility cycling.

Of course it isn't. Only MDs, helmet producers and politicians say so.

Oh wait, the much more
safety conscious northern Europeans (relative to USians) generally do
not wear the foam hats while cycling,

Exactly. Apart from some politicians when the press is there. "Because
of the kids", you know ...
Old May 3rd 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= In response to a rather nice advert:
http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

It is nice to see that someone is sensible enough to realize that a
foam bicycle hat is NOT necessary for utility cycling. Oh wait, the
much more safety conscious northern Europeans (relative to USians)
generally do not wear the foam hats while cycling, except for the
racer types.

When I looked at the PDF file, it showed some sort of screen snapshot
with large black areas and some tiny yellow icons. It was completely
meaningless. Maybe there was something my PDF viewer didn't recognize,
but nothing I saw had anything to do with helmets.

Is Sherman imagining things or just ranting?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old May 3rd 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= In response to a rather nice advert:
http://www.thespincycle.com/files/20...Commercial.pdf

It is nice to see that someone is sensible enough to realize that a
foam bicycle hat is NOT necessary for utility cycling. Oh wait, the
much more safety conscious northern Europeans (relative to USians)
generally do not wear the foam hats while cycling, except for the
racer types.

When I looked at the PDF file, it showed some sort of screen snapshot
with large black areas and some tiny yellow icons. It was completely
meaningless. Maybe there was something my PDF viewer didn't recognize,
but nothing I saw had anything to do with helmets.

Is Sherman imagining things or just ranting?

Yo Zaumem - Victor Kan posted the link and Jym Dyer commented on it. Are
they just ranting also? Sheesh!

When opening the link, you should get an Adobe® Clip Notes® video window
that plays a commercial for "The Spin Cycle" which is a bicycle shop in
Cary, NC. In the video, the woman cyclist featured is NOT wearing a foam
bicycle hat (but the Lycra® wearing roadie hitting on her is).

The link works in Firefox 2.0.0.14.

Old May 3rd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Tom Sherman schrieb:
When opening the link, you should get an Adobe® Clip Notes® video window

Yes. It complains that no Windows Media Player is installed on my
system. What a surprise ...