A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 16th 17, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,085
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/
Ads
  #2  
Old November 17th 17, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,036
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On 16/11/17 22:05, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


As usual we don't see what happened earlier. Did the driver overtake too
close to the turn? But the rider stayed in control, following the car
round so it could have been a reasoned reaction.
  #3  
Old November 17th 17, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,829
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


  #4  
Old November 17th 17, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,252
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


Define cyclist.

  #5  
Old November 18th 17, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,683
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On 18.11.2017 06:32, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


Define cyclist.

Someone who studies cycles? such as the cycle of the seasons? or the
Ring Cycle?
  #6  
Old November 18th 17, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,036
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On 17/11/17 17:32, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


Define cyclist.


There are two other unknowns in his sentence. Before casting fault on a
person, we need to know what the fault was. Any ideas?
  #7  
Old November 18th 17, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,252
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 9:27:20 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
On 18.11.2017 06:32, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/

Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


Define cyclist.

Someone who studies cycles? such as the cycle of the seasons? or the
Ring Cycle?


And most cars use ether the Otto Cycle or the Diesel Cycle so that means Pounder is a cyclist.


  #8  
Old November 19th 17, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,683
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On 19.11.2017 02:33, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 9:27:20 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
On 18.11.2017 06:32, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/

Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.

Define cyclist.

Someone who studies cycles? such as the cycle of the seasons? or the
Ring Cycle?


And most cars use ether the Otto Cycle or the Diesel Cycle so that means Pounder is a cyclist.


Too right!
  #9  
Old December 3rd 17, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,987
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 23:30:12 +0000, TMS320 wrote:

On 16/11/17 22:05, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


As usual we don't see what happened earlier.


Your eyesight must be as good as the cyclist's.

The car was clearly indicating to turn left: the cyclist ignored the indication
and travelled to the left of the car.

  #10  
Old December 3rd 17, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,987
Default Idiot cyclist undertakes indicating car

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 09:32:26 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/people...crash-7085402/


Anybody who is not a cyclist can see who was at fault.


Define cyclist.


It's an alternative word for ****wit.



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idiot bus driver hits idiot cyclist [email protected] UK 112 March 7th 12 10:14 AM
Idiot bus driver hits idiot cyclist Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 36 March 7th 12 07:52 AM
Another idiot cyclist Simon Mason UK 3 November 13th 11 05:45 PM
Idiot cyclist webreader UK 15 March 18th 10 11:10 PM
idiot cyclist! davek UK 5 May 16th 05 12:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.