Do I really need a floor pump? Will frame pump suffice?

Old June 6th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Do I really need a floor pump? Will frame pump suffice?

I'm giving serious thought to living in an RV soon

So I'm on de-clutter program big time

Something I'm wondering abt.....if I should keep my big
floor pump?

Or sell it and get something more compact?
Old June 6th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote in :
Something I'm wondering abt.....if I should keep my big
floor pump?

A floor pump is way easier to use then a frame pump. You probably already
new that. If you're happy using the frame pump all the time, then go ahead.
Old June 6th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Ken wrote:

A floor pump is way easier to use then a frame pump. You probably already
new that. If you're happy using the frame pump all the time, then go ahead.

OK

I thought maybe there was some new technology out
there.... Co2 cartridges or something like that....
that might pack smaller in an RV

Sounds like I should just keep the floor pump hhuh?
Old June 6th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Ken C. M." wrote:

I would keep the floor pump. They seem, to me anyway, to be more
effective at topping up tires than a frame pump.

OK

Will do that

Thanks for the advice all!
Old June 6th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

a floor pump? why would anyone want a floor pump?
or an electric pump?
getting to 100+ pounds with a mtn pump is no big deal

Old June 6th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Dans le message de ps.com,
a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
a floor pump? why would anyone want a floor pump?
or an electric pump?
getting to 100+ pounds with a mtn pump is no big deal

My mountains tend to remain inflated over time.

Old June 6th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

yeah its like asking: why tylnol? why penicillin?

Old June 6th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:50:22 -0500, wrote:

Or sell it and get something more compact?

In comparision to frame pumps, floor pumps both work better and will
last longer under heavy use. I think you should get a small floor
pump, like a Silca Pista or such.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit