Somehow No One Seems To Think

Old March 23rd 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

Default Somehow No One Seems To Think

Michael Baldwin wrote:
The often prophetic Tom Kunich wrote,"Somehow No One Seems To Think"

Tom, so far your subject/header phrase has been _supported_ in this
threads replies!

I'm a Libertarian. When it comes to political discussions, I invest
little if any energy, regarding politics, in anyone over the age of 30.
For the past 35 years I've been a self study of our nations framers &
founders. I've yet to "discover" a flaw in their _original_ works.
I've submitted to the possibility that our nation has "mis-placed"
it's moral compass. I've used the word _moral_ in the sense that the
framers & founders did.
Likewise, I'm not ashamed to call myself an American in the "Spirit
of 76".
Well there, that should fan the embers!

Libertarianism. Slave O' Da State pushes that agenda nicely. Some
might disagree, but I basically agree with him.

Over the age of 30. Do you find that those under the age of 30 are
more open/reasonable in political discussions? I would have expected the
age to be ~20 years lower,

"framers & fathers...". There's been MUCH discussion and
re-invention of the founding fathers. So much, in fact, that I don't
know what anyone means when they refer to them any more. Most people
have a fuzzy idea of what liberty means, and they're sure the ff's would
agree with them. So one could generally replace the phrase "founding
fathers" with "those guys who lived a long time ago and agreed with
everything I say". In any event, you'd have to be more specific if you
wanted to fan any flames.
Old March 23rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Mar 23, 7:41*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Here's a quote:

"Fascism is a government structure. The most notable characteristic of a
fascist country is the separation and persecution or denial of equality
to a specific segment of the population based upon superficial qualities
or belief systems."

Apparently those who claim to be "Liberals" want to use fascistic
methodology and pretend that it is somehow correct.

I don't understand this as a standalone post to initiate a thread. *This
would be like posting the definition of what cereal means and then
sitting back and waiting for people to try to figure out what the ****
it has to do with cycling.

Why does everybody in here talk by implication? *Just come out and say
what you mean.

Dumbass -

He's confused because R. Limbaugh hates J. McCain.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 23rd 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Baldwin

Fred asks Mike about age and political discussions,

Over the age of 30. Do you find that those
under the age of 30 are more open/reasonable in political
discussions?

Fred, to answer your question, those under the age of thirty are my
future leaders when I'm really old and tired. That's why I invest my
time in them.
I'm currently working with 3 young men all under the age of 25. While
their knowledge of history is rather weak, their ability to understand
why things are the way they are today is refreshing. They don't enter
the debate with bias. They clearly understand the meaning of the
following phrase, reward of freedom is responsibility.
The majority of my friends (40 - 60 years of age) are stuck in the
eighties. Many willingly support the established system of government
social _AND_ corporate welfare programs. "Get "it" while the gettin's
good." they all say. That's what I mean when I say we as a
nation have lost our moral compass.
But hey. When you're dealing with a general populace that wants to
blame "government" for everything and then have a "government" willing
to accept that blame, what more could a career politician, bureaucrat
or lobbyist hope for?
Example - I think the tradegy at Waco is my fault. Had I voted for
George Bush instead of Ross Perot then maybe Bill Clinton would not have
become President. Same holds true for China's "most favored nation
status", NAFTA, the bombing of the WTC, our embassys, and the U.S.S.
Cole, Bin Laden's escape from justice, 9/11, the Iraq war, the price of
oil, all my fault. Not "government".

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 23rd 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

wrote:
On Mar 22, 7:44 pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:
On Mar 22, 9:37 pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Here's a quote:
"Fascism is a government structure. The most notable characteristic of a
fascist country is the separation and persecution or denial of equality
to a specific segment of the population based upon superficial qualities
or belief systems."
Apparently those who claim to be "Liberals" want to use fascistic
methodology and pretend that it is somehow correct.
What are you talking about?

FASCISM, Fred. He's talking about Fascism.

It seems that lame-o book actually quoted that lame-o essay from that
****ed-up family values self-help site. So, no plagiarism, just
pathetic scholarship.

Fred, here's a clearer description of fascism:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/libra...britt_23_2.htm

Bull****. Fascism, from the word "fascia," is a system
of government in which the population are governed by
an authoritarian structure led by roofers.
An earlier version of this system was known as
"Soffitism" but the roofers decided that sounded stupid,
so they changed the name. (However, the word survives
in the official governmental philosophy, "sophistry.")

Anyone who has tried to find a good roofer on less
than six months notice realizes that we live in a Fascist
state.

Some people say that Fascism is Evil. These misguided
people are suffering from a confusion that dates back to
when Noam Chomsky misheard a Fascist talking about
"eaves." Too embarrassing for a linguist to admit the
error, which is why we still have these unfortunate deluded
people. Nothing that six months at hard labor regrouting
the Capitol Dome couldn't cure.

When I run, my arches succumb to plantar fascism. That's why I no longer
run and also why all triathletes should be rounded up and put into
re-education camps.
Old March 23rd 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

That's only temporary, Limbaugh will eventually come around. I've got
$50 that says Kunich will remain confused.
Old March 23rd 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Fred Fredburger wrote:
When I run, my arches succumb to plantar fascism.

Thats because you're a liberal foot soldier.
Old March 23rd 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:49:24 -0700, Fred Fredburger

wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Triathlons ARE re-education camps. They keep having to do that until they learn
better.

Ron
Old March 24th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Mar 23, 3:10*pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:

* *Example - I think the tradegy at Waco is my fault. *Had I voted for
George Bush instead of Ross Perot then maybe Bill Clinton would not have
become President. *Same holds true for China's "most favored nation
status", NAFTA, *the bombing of the WTC, our embassys, and the U.S.S.
Cole, *Bin Laden's escape from justice, 9/11, the Iraq war, the price of
oil, all my fault. *Not "government". * *

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

God damn it Mike! That's un-American. Don't you know, EVERYTHING, is
someone elses fault. Everyone is a victim. There's NO such thing as
personal responsibility in this land. That's individualist BS get with
the program. I'm sure you've offended people and will shortly be
visited by the PC police, under the modified 1st amendment that
guarantees the freedom to not be offended by anyone.
Unless of course it's done in the name of "correctness":

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20...083386-ap.html

Iraq war protesters disrupt Chicago Easter mass with fake blood

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

These'll be folk heroes and probably be working for MoveOn, or Obama
by next week. His Pastor, Wright, is already being painted as a
victim. It was obviously the fault of those folks attempting to
worship during one of their holiest days for provoking this.
Bill C
Old March 24th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Mar 23, 4:27 am, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
For the past 35 years I've been a self study of our nations framers &
founders. I've yet to "discover" a flaw in their _original_ works.

Um.... slavery? Allowing women to vote? The electoral college? Those
are just three GLARING flaws in their _original_ works. What WAS
forward-thinking was providing a means to amend the constitution.
-Paul
Old March 24th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Mar 22, 5:17 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Here's a quote:

"Fascism is a government structure. The most notable characteristic of a
fascist country is the separation and persecution or denial of equality to a
specific segment of the population based upon superficial qualities or
belief systems."

Apparently those who claim to be "Liberals" want to use fascistic
methodology and pretend that it is somehow correct.

Fascists are by definition conservatives. Your definition it pure
bull****. All you need is a dictionary.
-Paul