Walking danger

Old April 11th 19, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Walking danger

Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 19, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 13:14:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

How about special paths, restricted to pedestrian use only with either
tunnels or over passes at intersections?

Super Safe!

Or perhaps there aren't sufficient numbers to warrant the use of tax
payer's money to constructing such facilities?

--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 12th 19, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bertrand[_3_]

Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

I saw them in Middlebury, Vermont:

http://www.addisonindependent.com/20...k-safety-flags
Old April 13th 19, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 13:23:46 -0400, Bertrand
wrote:

Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

I saw them in Middlebury, Vermont:

http://www.addisonindependent.com/20...k-safety-flags

Well, in the study of tiny little always on bicycle lights it was
found that they even lessoned the number of solo accidents so maybe a
flag would help. If only to make the pedestrian more aware of the
dangers of crossing the road.

Rather like my mother's admonishment to "always look both ways before
you cross the road".
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 16th 19, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 10:14:33 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

--
- Frank Krygowski

In California hit and run has become the normal way an accident is handled by drivers. Who gets license numbers?
Old April 16th 19, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/16/2019 10:38 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 10:14:33 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

--
- Frank Krygowski

In California hit and run has become the normal way an accident is handled by drivers. Who gets license numbers?

Ohio just had an attempt to do away with front license plates. I know
some other states don't require them. But I wonder why. Seems we should
do all we can to make motorists accountable.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 17th 19, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:02:59 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/16/2019 10:38 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 10:14:33 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Walking really is more dangerous than bicycling. You can look it up.

Here's a solution!

https://www.wired.com/2014/06/bridge...estrian-flags/

--
- Frank Krygowski

In California hit and run has become the normal way an accident is handled by drivers. Who gets license numbers?

Ohio just had an attempt to do away with front license plates. I know
some other states don't require them. But I wonder why. Seems we should
do all we can to make motorists accountable.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Particularly if the car would radio identify itself if in an accident and also if stolen.