To the <10 people still here

Old February 3rd 05, 02:01 AM
Tom Sherman

Default To the <10 people still here

If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars
and regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until
it dies completely?

--
Tom "Guilty in the past" Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 02:55 AM
Ben Fox

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars
and regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until
it dies completely?

--
Tom "Guilty in the past" Sherman - Earth

Tom,

I sometimes read the posts here ,but don't answer or initiate any new posts
because it really has nothing to do with recumbents any longer.

I am surprised you haven't migrated to the BROL site,at least the talk is
about recumbents.

I believe there's even an " Ed Gin" posts there, and this one is always a
perfect gentleman!

Regards,

Ben Fox

Old February 3rd 05, 03:10 AM
Tom Sherman

Ben Fox wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars
and regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until
it dies completely?

--
Tom "Guilty in the past" Sherman - Earth

Tom,

I sometimes read the posts here ,but don't answer or initiate any new posts
because it really has nothing to do with recumbents any longer.

I am surprised you haven't migrated to the BROL site,at least the talk is
about recumbents.

I believe there's even an " Ed Gin" posts there, and this one is always a
perfect gentleman!

Ben,

Are you still riding the Catrike Road, or did you sell it and buy
something else?

[Ben bought a used bike from someone who used to be an
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent regular. This bike was infected with the
recumbentitus virus, which causes the owner to frequently buy and sell
recumbent bicycles and trikes. ]

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 03:49 AM
bent_pilot

I'm still here Tom and I don't engage in the political stuff anyway so I
don't want to be accused of ****ing on the group. The gnome from Minneysoda
has been in my KF for years and I'd never see his **** unless I read one of
your posts with his nonsense quoted in your post. We seem to have drifted
from the constantly boring newbe posts that we all kept answering with some
level of maturity because some, most, of us seemed to be interested in our
cool and somewhat unorthadox machines and wanted to grow the wierdness. ARBR
with its enrollment process and censorship obviously fits a lot of peoples
needs and adequately protects them from free speech.

Now on to the good bent bike stuff.

How can the Fastback Designs Carbon L hydro bladder be improved? Make it
from an insulated laminate, or make it a tad bigger so an "Unbottle" will
fit the bag. As cool as the thing is, I've been spoiled by having cold water
on hot summer rides, and with the CLS hanging so close to the road I'm
afraid I might have to go back to dropping the Unbottle in a pannier.

B_P

Old February 3rd 05, 04:07 AM
Tom Sherman

Harv the bent_pilot wrote:

How can the Fastback Designs Carbon L hydro bladder be improved? Make it
from an insulated laminate, or make it a tad bigger so an "Unbottle" will
fit the bag. As cool as the thing is, I've been spoiled by having cold water
on hot summer rides, and with the CLS hanging so close to the road I'm
afraid I might have to go back to dropping the Unbottle in a pannier.

Harv,

I see a "Carbon" and a "Carbon LS" model on this page, but no "Carbon
L": http://www.fastbacksystem.com/hydrationhomepage1.html.

After attempting to visualize a Carbon LS
http://www.fastbacksystem.com/carbonLSpage.html on a Speedmachine, I
think it would be helpful if you could post a picture.

Is the "Unbottle" to long or to wide to fit? Would the Carbon GP
http://www.fastbacksystem.com/carbonGPpage.html be an alternative to
the Unbottle and pannier?

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 04:50 AM
bent_pilot

snip on hot summer rides, and with the CLS hanging so close to the road
I'm
afraid I might have to go back to dropping the Unbottle in a pannier.

Harv,

I see a "Carbon" and a "Carbon LS" model on this page, but no "Carbon L":
http://www.fastbacksystem.com/hydrationhomepage1.html.

It is the LS, but the S is certainly superfluous, except for some marketing
cachet.

After attempting to visualize a Carbon LS
http://www.fastbacksystem.com/carbonLSpage.html on a Speedmachine, I
think it would be helpful if you could post a picture.

Not something that I could do in a timely enough manner to have any meaning
in several. many days when this thread peters out. It sits pretty much the
same on the Speedmachine as it does on all the Barons, NoComs and other
assorted low and lowish racers with hard shell seats. It's nestled along and
under the left side of the seat shell, away from the chain and suspension
bits.

Is the "Unbottle" to long or to wide to fit? Would the Carbon GP
http://www.fastbacksystem.com/carbonGPpage.html be an alternative to the
Unbottle and pannier?

I still use the rack for one pannier and I don't think there's room for the
CGP, and I already have an Unbottle, a new wide mouth bladder, and the CLS.
No budget left for another tsatske for the bike.

I did a dry run to check fit and it looks like the Unbottle is too big
girthwise (kinda like me) ) It's a tight fit with a naked Camelback wide
mouth bladder. It might just take more pushing and cursing to get an
insulated bag inside the CLS, maybe giving up some fluid capacity. For an
old fat guy like me, ice water is a necessity to keep riding when the temps
gets into the upper eighties and nineties (to the thirties for you Celcius
users).

Before you say it, I know I could email my comments to Fastback Designs, but
hell's bells, that wouldn't be the ARBR way. First comes the discussion,
then the action.
Harv -The burbs just to the west of monkey island

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 05:11 AM
Ben Fox

Ben Fox wrote:

[...]

I liked the trike,but got tired of getting passed by normally slower riders
on 2 wheels.

I bought a used V2 ,[just like the one I had and sold a couple years
earlier]. I updated the bars , riser and fairing.

I have 2 tail soks for it and a body sok . I think I've found the bike I'll
keep,I seem to be fastest on it and the P-38 ,which I sold last year.

I only have the V2 now.

Ben

Old February 3rd 05, 06:51 AM
Freewheeling

Count me in, or as Zarqawi's first lieutenant said to him recently in Mosul
"You have my vote, sir," which, for some reason, didn't strike the
psychopath as either properly deferential or funny, so he promptly chopped
the guy's head off with a can opener. So, you know... some can take a joke,
and some can't.

--
--Scott

Old February 3rd 05, 06:55 AM
G. Morgan

Subject: To the 10 people still here
Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= Freewheeling = wrote:

Count me in, or as Zarqawi's first lieutenant said to him recently in Mosul
"You have my vote, sir," which, for some reason, didn't strike the
psychopath as either properly deferential or funny, so he promptly chopped
the guy's head off with a can opener. So, you know... some can take a joke,
and some can't.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

good one!

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Old February 3rd 05, 07:02 AM

Just an observation Tom, but the arbr problem has nothing to do with
politics or political comments. The problem is a balls to the wall flame
war between Ed Dolan and one of your Chicago pals whose name you prefer not
to reveal. Everyone but you and the one called Crazy Monkey say that person
is Ed Gin.

Aside from that, I'm wondering if your self-restraint from manifesting
political comments is a forevermore commitment? If not do you have an
"exit plan" from that position you would like to share?

skip