Hope Mono Minis or Shimano Discs?

Old May 20th 05, 12:00 PM
Rob

Default Hope Mono Minis or Shimano Discs?

Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Does anyone have any opinions between the two?

Thanks.

Old May 20th 05, 12:19 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 20 May 2005 04:00:52 -0700, "Rob" wrote:

Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Hope are excellent.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old May 20th 05, 12:21 PM
Simon Brooke

in message . com, Rob
') wrote:

Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Does anyone have any opinions between the two?

Shimano used not to fit international standard mounts. They may do now,
don't know. Hopes are very good, but tend to squeal a bit unless you
keep the rotors clean. I'd have the hopes.

Copyright (c) Simon Brooke; All rights reserved. Permission is
granted to transfer this message via UUCP or NNTP and to store it
for the purpose of archiving or further transfer. Permission is
explicitly denied to use this message as part of a 'Web Forum', or
to transfer it by HTTP.

Old May 20th 05, 01:27 PM
Paul - xxx

Rob came up with the following;:
Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Does anyone have any opinions between the two?

Nothing too dreadful about the Shimanos ... but I'd pay for the Hopes.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!
Old May 20th 05, 01:31 PM
Dave Larrington

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On 20 May 2005 04:00:52 -0700, "Rob" wrote:

Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between
the above mentioned systems.

Hope are excellent.

AOL
I have no experience with Shimano discs, but I've got three sets of Hopes
and find them ded gud.

Better hide the pork scratchings...

Old May 20th 05, 06:03 PM
Tony Raven

Rob wrote:
Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Does anyone have any opinions between the two?

Thanks.

Hopes every time.

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)
Old May 20th 05, 09:16 PM
Peter B

"Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thinking of upgrading to disc brakes and trying to choose between the
above mentioned systems.

Does anyone have any opinions between the two?

No experience of Shimano, first hand or otherwise.

I've had Hope Mini Monos for almost 18 months and a riding pal original
Minis for a year or more longer than that and can report no problems.
Recommended!

Pete

Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
lever movement on Hope Minis Phil Squire Mountain Biking 0 September 6th 04 07:26 PM
Changing pad in Hope discs? Daz N Mountain Biking 4 September 6th 04 01:07 PM
Say it ain't so Shimano! Jean Techniques 75 August 29th 03 01:53 PM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM