Ouch !

Old October 26th 03, 12:39 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Default Ouch !

Man without pigs wrote in message

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

He finds out the hard way just how sensitive his new disc brakes are!
---
DFM

Old October 27th 03, 06:49 AM
Man without pigs

Old October 27th 03, 09:20 AM
Paul_MCMLIX

Man, that wedding tackle is gonna be so SORE....

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Nil illigitimus carborundum

Old October 27th 03, 12:54 PM
Lindsay Rowlands

Richard Sherratt wrote:
: On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:49:16 +1100, Man without pigs wrote:

:
:
:Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
:home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

: Ouch indeed! Is that real or posed? That is one of the funniest things
: I have ever seen..

How can you laugh knowing you are also confessing complete absence of
empathy - to the whole world. Poor bike rider... and pity you.

Lynzz

Old October 27th 03, 01:05 PM
Fred Nieman

Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

And Holland is supposed to be so bicycle-friendly...

Is it just an unhappy coincidence (staged? photoshop'd?) that poor
crashin' bike person (ouch!, redux) has done his (apparently) poor
crashin' bike person thing diagonally across the road from a concert
hall where the final thingy-bit of Wagner's Ring Cycle" ("Der Ring des
Nibelungen"). the "Götterdämmerung" ("Twilight of the Gods") is on?

Looks more like "Twilight of the Schnoz"...

Or, as Paul_MCMLIX said,
"Man, that wedding tackle is gonna be so SORE..."
so maybe "Twilight of the Cods"
http://www.amatory-ink.co.uk/thesaurus/malegenitals.htm

gets up on high horse well, at least he (apparently) was wearing a
bicycle helmet /high horse

xxx
Old October 27th 03, 05:59 PM
Richard Sherratt

On 27 Oct 2003 11:54:42 GMT, Lindsay Rowlands
wrote:

Richard Sherratt wrote:
: On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:49:16 +1100, Man without pigs wrote:

:
:
:Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
:home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

: Ouch indeed! Is that real or posed? That is one of the funniest things
: I have ever seen..

How can you laugh knowing you are also confessing complete absence of
empathy - to the whole world. Poor bike rider... and pity you.

I think it's the sight of that po-faced guy posing for the camera and
missing all the action happening behind him. It's still funny :-)

Regards,
Richard.

Old October 27th 03, 11:02 PM
John Doe

"Lindsay Rowlands" wrote in message
Richard Sherratt wrote:
: On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:49:16 +1100, Man without pigs wrote:

:
:
:Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
:home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

: Ouch indeed! Is that real or posed? That is one of the funniest things
: I have ever seen..

How can you laugh knowing you are also confessing complete absence of
empathy - to the whole world. Poor bike rider... and pity you.

Lynzz

I hope you never watch funniest home videos. I actually dont because of the
reason you suggest. Although it might look funny some of those people look
like they get really hurt. I have to admit though I have laughed when I
have come unstuck similar to that but not really badly hurt.

Pete

Old October 28th 03, 12:20 AM
Shabby

wrote:
And Holland is supposed to be so bicycle-friendly...

The photo looks like Germany to me.

The umlaut on the A in the car ad and the nl suffix on the web address
suggests the Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland) to me.

German bike paths are also usually a different colored concrete as well.

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Old October 28th 03, 01:29 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Fred Nieman wrote in message
Man without pigs wrote:

Photo of bike mishap - a Kodak moment.
home.tiscali.nl/~scholtr

Forgot to mention: what is this Ouch! face-plant person doing riding a
full-suspension bike around city, anyway?

And just how long would he have that bike before it got stolen? Holland's
bike thieves are renkowned for their efficiency at separating bikes from
their owners. They say you don't buy a bike in Holland, you just rent it for
a while...
---
DFM