Tyre recommendation

Old February 5th 09, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Reed[_3_]

Default Tyre recommendation

Hi everyone. Quite specific one here. My OH has a bike that she leaves at
my house and uses occasionally. The tyres on it are a bit old with
perishing side walls, so I want to replace them. I'm looking for a pair of
700x38C tyres with a reasonable tread for loose gravel paths and a bit of
mud as well as roads. Of course the important thing for my OH is that they
have nice tan/amber side walls rather than being all black, as that will
suit her "look" for the bike! Something like the Michelin World Tour would
probably be OK, if they went up wider than 35s.

Any recommendations out there?

Cheers

Colin

Old February 5th 09, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

of 700x38C tyres with a reasonable tread for loose gravel paths and a
bit of mud as well as roads. Of course the important thing for my OH is
that they have nice tan/amber side walls rather than being all black, as

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/product...esistance.aspx
come in 37
Old February 7th 09, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:44:14 -0000
"Colin Reed" wrote:

Hi everyone. Quite specific one here. My OH has a bike that she
leaves at my house and uses occasionally. The tyres on it are a bit
old with perishing side walls, so I want to replace them. I'm
looking for a pair of 700x38C tyres with a reasonable tread for loose
gravel paths and a bit of mud as well as roads. Of course the
important thing for my OH is that they have nice tan/amber side walls
rather than being all black, as that will suit her "look" for the
bike! Something like the Michelin World Tour would probably be OK,
if they went up wider than 35s.

I don't know if it's still the case, but the World Tour used to be
quite generously sized for its nominal section.

Advice needed Tyre Size and Recommendation MikeyOz Australia 9 January 19th 06 08:47 AM
Bib Recommendation? Hell and High Water General 11 September 4th 05 04:13 PM
MTB recommendation Chris Walters UK 2 January 7th 04 11:04 AM
Tyre failure example (with an aside on tyre liners) Andrew Webster Techniques 16 December 12th 03 03:59 AM
Tyre failure and tyre liners Andrew Webster Techniques 5 December 4th 03 08:26 PM